Chapter XXX, Kriss

I've never really had a best friend before.

Amelia was my first.

I hung out with Dawson sometimes with Alex but we didn't get to know each other better until Amelia. She saw things in a way that the rest of us didn't, I could tell she saw beauty in everything. Sometimes she would point things out, like how the light fell on the red leaves. I always enjoyed that, she noticed the small things that no one else had time to notice.

Dawson was the first to see something special in her, I first got her to hangout with us because I knew he liked her.

It's strange to realize things are like they were a few months ago. Amelia's whole family is gone. Her father would have died in the explosion too.

I will always miss her, Amelia was always a good friend once we came friends. She never judged, she listened and she could see the goodness in the world.

But she held so much sadness inside, she held so much pain. Before she died she had even more, her own father had killed her mother and sister. Ashlynn was killed in front of her.

I said things were like they were a few months ago but I was wrong, Dawson, Alex and I both have a huge hole in our lives. I hole where Amelia used to be.

Alex told me how he missed his sister, I didn't understand at first but then I realized. He meant Amelia.

We couldn't tell the police what happened so there is a search going on, looking for Amelia and her family. We can't tell them that they won't find them.

Alex's parents and mine sat down with Dawson's and explained what we are and why Amelia hasn't been found. 

We still don't know what Dawson is, I don't know if we can ever really find out what he is. He doesn't seem to care anymore, he misses Amelia more than the rest of us.

I remember I was in the library and I came across them, Amelia was asleep; curled up in his lap and he was stroking her hair. They really loved each other and I know Dawson will always love her and miss her. 

There is nothing Alex or I can say to him to help, he will always have this shadow of pain. I will too.

Amelia was special.

As Amelia would have said, Dawson would have once too.

Somethings are so broken that no amount of duct tape can fix it.