Aphmau

~Age 15~
I left Kawaii-Chans house too the Irene statue. It's shimmering bright mystical purple sparkles. I sat down on one of the steps. I pulled my knees up to my chest and buried my head in them. Why him? Why now? What could've done such a thing? Was it a person? Was it an animal? What if there's a murderer loose? Did my dad get hurt during guard duty? How did he get back to the house? All of these questions won't get answered, and I know it. Cause h-he's d-dead, no one will ever know. I turned around to look at Lady Irenes statue.

"Everything will be all right, you have to stay strong Aphmau. Don't try running away from your fears." A lovely voice told me in my head. I looked around to clarify that that was in my head and not someone stalking up behind me, but no one was. My head hurt so bad and my arms were shaking too. I must look horrible also. I'm a big mess. I sat on my hands to try to stop the shaking, I can't really do anything to stop the headache though. I saw movement to my right, I looked over and saw Laurence walking over my way. He sat down next to me.

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"No." I said taking out my braid in my hair. It was all ready messed up so why not. I un-tangled he braid it my hair and finger combed through it. I tried braiding it again, but failed miserably. Stupid shaking hands!

"Want me to do your hair?" He asked.

"Sure, but do you know how?" I asked.

"Let's find out." He said. He better not mess up my hair. I turned around so he can see my hair and handed him the purple ribbon. He took it gently. I parted my hair back to the normal side part, then he took the two sides of of my bangs and pulled it back. He started to do some sort of braid. He took about 8 minutes to finish.

"Do you have an elastic band by a chance?" He asked. I looked at my wrist and pulled off a band. I handed it to him. He started to do a bun then put an elastic around it. I think he put the ribbon on last as like a bow.

"The master piece is now done." He said in his proud voice. I turned around to look at him.

"Wait..." He said pulling some of the front baby hairs down.

"There." He said. I smiled at him.

"There's that pretty smile." He said doing a typical funny boy smile. My dad still had that boy smile, even though he was "old".

"Thanks." I said.

"How about we go find you a mirror, I feel quite proud of that and I want you to see that." Laurence said. He stood up then held out his hand to let me up. I grabbed it and stood up. We walked back to Kawaii-Chans house. I walked in with Laurence right behind me. We walked down the stairs to see Cadenza and Kawaii-Chan talking. I sat on the opposite side of Cadenza.

"Pretty hair Aphmau. Did you do that?" Cadenza asked.

"No, Laurence did." I said. She looked surprised.

"He did?" Cadenza said. She sounded shocked.

"Yeah." I said. Laurence handed me a hand mirror. I looked at my hair.

"It's so pretty!" I said cheerfully!

"Glad you like it." He said with that same boy smirk. My dad would've loved my hair, or would have lied and said it looked good just to make me feel better. My happy mood went strait down.

"Oh no! Kawaii-Chan doesn't want Aphmau-Senpai to be sad again." Kawaii-Chan said. Heh, too late. I looked at the bun in the back of my head, and wow it's a fishtail braid put into a perfect donut bun. Laurence should become a hair styler.

"So Aphmau do you want to have a sleepover tonight?" Cadenza asked.

"I kind of want to go home... I'm going to clean up the... Mess." I said. I'm seriously going to hate this. How am I even supposed to sleep tonight. Yeah, about sleep and school. I might be skipping those two subjects.

"Oh, okay." She said. Awe the way she said that makes me feel bad.

"But maybe another time." I said. I looked at the clock, it was 7:00.

"I should get going." I said.

"Kawaii-Chan put the cake inside a little box for you." Kawaii-Chan said.

"Thanks." I said. I stood up from my seat.

"I'll walk you home Aphmau." Laurence said. I nodded my head. I waved to the girls bye, they waved back. Laurence and I headed out. We walked the path back. We passed the well and into my house. There was remains of blood still on my doorstep. I covered my hands over my mouth so I wouldn't start crying.

"Are you sure you want to go in there?" Laurence asked.

"Y-yeah." I said. I opened the door handle the floor was covered with stains of blood. I bit my tongue. The air smelled of death and blood. 2 things I absolutely hate. I walked over to the hallway. My dads room was empty and filled with blood, blood rags, empty potion bottles, and a note?