Aphmau

~Age 15~
I walked inside my house.

"Dad!" I yell. Oh wait, I forgot he's working late tonight.

"Yes honey?" He said. He walked out of his bedroom with wounds covering his chest, arms, and face.

"Oh my Irene dad! What happened?" I asked running over to his side.

"Bad day at work." He said. He started coughing really bad, some blood came out of his mouth. I felt tears coming on.

"Dad get to the bed, I have to go get a magicks healer." I said. I helped him back onto his bed. I got a rag and put it under water, I dabbed some of his wounds.

"I'll be right back." I said sniffling. I ran outside toward the nearest healers house that I knew of. I knocked on the door. The door opened to Lucinda the witch.

"Aphmau? Why are you hear? Wait, why are you crying?" She asked.

"M-m-my d-d-dad I-I-I-s I-injured." I managed to say. 

"Shh... I have a healing potion. Can you take me to him?" She asked. I gripped her hand after she grabbed a couple potions. I led her back to my house. I pulled my dads door open to show my dad still covered in blood lying in bed. I ran to his side as she started having him drink some healing potions. I held his hand.

"Aphmau, get some water, we ran out in the bucket." She asked. I took the bucket and ran out to the well. I filled up the bucket with water and ran back to the house. I handed her the bucket. He started the put the water cloth on his forehead. Laurence ran inside my dads room.

"What happened?" He asked.

"D-d-d-dads h-h-h-hurt." I said through crying a little bit. He sat down next to me and opened his arms for a hug. I hugged him tight. He petted my hair.

"Shh... There's no need to cry." He said petting my hair.

"I'm going to have to put some alcohol to clean out his cuts, is that fine? It's going to hurt." She asked. I nodded my head and looked up.

"You most likely don't want to see this Aphmau." He said putting my head down so I can't see anything. I heard my dad yell. My breathing started to quicken.

"Aphmau, calm down." Laurence said.

I-I-I-I-I c-c-c-c-can't." I said.

"W-what I-if h-he d-d-d-dies?" I asked. He held me tighter. I heard my dad scream again in agony. I heard a couple people come in, and told everyone that heard my dad to stay outside. Garroth walked in.

"Oh my Irene." He whispered. He looked down at me and Laurence. He mouthed that he's sorry. I tried to get out of Laurence's grip, but he wouldn't let go.

"Laurence, can you please let go?" I asked. He released his hold on me. I stood then kneeled next to the bed my dad was in. He was barley conscious.

"Angel is that you?" He asked.

"Yeah it's me dad." I said. I held his hand to my face and kissed it.

" I just want you to know, if I don't make it, that I-" he was cut off by himself coughing.

"That I will always love you." He said that right when his pulse lowered to a stop. He had died.

"Dad?" I asked in panic. My shaking started to worsen to a point I just collapsed. He's really gone...