Rule 0: Don't Forget About Family

Prologue:

Dear Future Self,

I always knew our family was odd. Our mother came from a family of twelve, that's crazy enough in modern times. Mom being the oldest, and I was the first grandchild, by accident of course.

It's just like how I was named after my aunt, who was also an accident. It's funny how history repeats itself in this dreadful family.

Mom married a man who gave her three dark haired children, adopted me, and then he left us, leaving me to care for my siblings, since my mother can't face her problems and get a therapist. Instead she travels with my grandma for work and never comes home.

So much your paycheck does.

Auntie Maddy married a broken boy who had a kid brother. And that's the problem. That kid brother is interested in me, and I'm the broken one this time.

It's a story as old as time.

But this time I'm the emotionally unstable beast. With the abusive step-father, flaky mother, teenage sister, and love struck best friend.

Not to mention it's my senior year, and I have the ACT's in a few weeks.

They said things happen for a reason. I was born for a reason and that reason hasn't shown up yet. I'm seventeen going on eighteen and I feel like I'm going on forty taking care of these kids, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I have an amazing partner in crime, and his name is Kyle, and I wish I had realized it sooner. Maybe it will work out in the end, but I don't know how much longer I can stay positive.

I guess when you read this in a year, who knows what could happen? Just remember that our siblings always come first.

Love,
Casey