Chapter XVII ~ Ian ~ City of Angels

Start from the beginning

'Hello, this is your pilot speaking. We'll be landing at L.A airport in about five minutes. Please keep your seatbelts on for our landing.'

'L.A?' Misty asked, her voice raised.

I laughed nervously. 'Yeah, erm, well...'

Misty looked really worried. 'What?'

'We're going to Gaming Expo?' I announced, anxiously awaiting her response.

Misty clamped her hands over her mouth and her eyes widened. 'What!!? Oh my God, Ian! WHAT!!?Thankyou so much!' and she flung her arms around me. She hugged me tightly whilst mumbling 'Oh my God, you absolute babe...' I felt myself getting hot and red when she buried into my chest. I hugged her back, embracing the moment.

After she broke the huh, she blabbered and chatted on and on about Gaming Empo, excitedly.

'Oh my God. I've always wanted to go. Oh my God, gaming expo... Jesus Christ...Ian, thankyou...that's why you were so...misty... about it...'

Her response had been adorable, and I just couldn't stop smiling. I was so excited for the both of us. Misty literally skipped jubiantly off the plane, seeming somewhat weightless. We giggled our way to the car, me and her in front and Kalel and Anthony lumbering behind. We laughed about everything - for some reason everything the stewards in the airport said seemed hilarious. It was like we were on laughing gas.

Soon we were reunited with our cases, and I held my hand out for a taxi. Once again we all squashed in together.

'I'm guessing you told her, Ian?' Anthony asked.

'Sure did,' I answered. 'I don't know if you can tell, but she's quite pleased...'

Misty giggled. 'Are you looking forward to it, Kalel?' she inquired.

'Soooo excited,' Kalel replied. 'I went for one day last year... and it was probably one of the best days of my life. Finally we're going for a full weekend!' she exclaimed.

'I still can't believe it, I've wanted to go for so many years,' Misty confessed 'Now I'm going, with the best people in the world,' she smiled. We all beamed back, ecstatic to be with her.

It wasn't long until we were settled in our hotel rooms. For once it was me and Anthony together, to stop it being weird. Kalel and Misty gladly went off to their private girly room to get changed. Me and Ant smirked at the girls and dumped our bags and speedily got dressed and were back outside in a flash. The girls, on the other hand took twenty-five minutes. Misty came out just after twenty minutes and Kalel came a few minutes after, both all dolled up for a night out, Kalel more so- but both of them still looked naturally pretty. Misty was in some blue leather shorts, some red strappy sandals and one of our new merch tees. It was a tank top with a bird freely flying upwards, 'Smosh' written inside its chest.

After deliberation, we concluded to go to the movies and watch a kiddie film for the heck of it. We discovered we were all kinda desperate to see Despicable Me 2, and so, that was what we did.

Me and Anthony paid for tickets and Kalel and Misty did the popcorn and drinks. We saw it in 3D because one extra dollar isn't much- and it would hopefully look a lot better. However, yet again, we could only grab tickets in two separate pairs on different sides of the cinema. This was sad, but we already had the popcorn and twos wasn't all that bad. So again, I went with Misty whilst Anthony sat with Kalel. They'd probably start making out anyway during the commercials.

It was kind of strange being sorta alone together in the dark, but we got used to it. Misty and I had decided to share a popcorn as it was expensive and neither of us wanted much. We just wanted to have fun so we laughed a lot, even in the adverts.