chapter 8

Everday is a new beginning take a breath and start again.

Dakota's POV

Waking up was never easy after getting beat on daily. There was always these constant migraines I face each time after my nap. They  had me groaning in pain hoping it would stop.

Within an hour of waking up it would ease away and I would be able to continue on with the rest of my day.

I crept slowly downstairs from the attic holding onto the wall as support, my legs were like jell-o. Try as I might I couldn't remember anything after I left school, my mind was blurry. Approaching the kitchen I could see through the windows that it must be either early morning or late night. I went for a glass of water to take some aspirin, hopefully the headache subsides by then.

Looking at the clock I see its 5:30 am, I groan my discomfort that time was moving on without me again. It was almost time to get breakfast ready, rinsing my cup I creeped upstairs to get ready for the day.

Within twenty-five minutes I'm downstairs getting ready to prepare breakfast.

Today's menu were succulent and tender sausage, sunny side up eggs, crispy bacon with golden hash brown served with complimentary squeezed orange juice, coffee or tea.

Hunger slowly slid down my chin from my mouth as the imagination of all that food set my taste buds on fire. Wiping my lips I couldn't wait for it to be done, even though I would be served last as always. Just the mere thought and smell was good enough at this point. Weaving in and out of the pantry, barn and garden I gather the ingredients I required to start my task.

Within two hours most of breakfast was completed and I could breath in peace of this little satisfaction. However little it may be to some it was a great deal to me. All that was truly remaining was the coffee to be brew, then it would be back to school for me. Walking down the pantry area, I searched for the various coffee bean powders and Swiss hot chocolate tea to be prepared.

Returning back to the kitchen I began on the hot chocolate for the pups. A small smile crept on my lips as I fantasize about the idea of having pups of my own. Someone who would love me unconditionally is what I wanted, but with my luck that would never happened. My mate was too involved with someone else to notice me unless he wanted to keep me on a watchful eye. While he fucked who ever he pleased without a care for how I would feel.

As I finished the last pot of chocolate tea I felt content with the sweet sensation of this chocolate aroma. However, I kept smelling the alluring, luxurious, mouth watering warm scent of vanilla with a tinge of coffee. A sinking feeling of dread ran wild within me as it dawned on me that I didn't turned on the coffee brewer.

Walking over to the brewer I turned it off trying to rack my brain if I actually did turn it on or had someone done that.

"How did you sleep last night, Dakota?" Hands encircled my waist before traveling all the way up to my breast squeezing light.

Deep breaths D...deep breaths

I tried telling myself as I tried not to lean into the misleading tingles, that lit my skin on fire where ever he touched me. "Why do you care so much about me?" I found myself asking him again and again.

"It's not like you want me in the first place nor I want you." I walked away from him to set the buffet table up as the Luna liked it to be covered with food and empty spaces to be seen. She believes it shows the pack their leaders will always be their protectors, making sure no one goes under fed. My eyes roll at that blatant lie she tells herself when all she does was mistreated the omegas within the pack.