Chapter 6

"Truth is so obscured nowadays and lies so well established that unless we love the truth we shall never recognize it."
- Blaise Pascal

Everyone was gathered outside to see the Future Alpha's son leave on his journey. Some were waving goodbye, while others were 'shouting farewells' and 'come home soon'.

I watched the scene from my room in the attic. It was finally time for Hayden to bid his farewells to his parents, before he would leave to God knows where.

Embracing Hayden in a bear hug, Alpha Moon had a tight grip on his son. Few words were exchanged before the Alpha stepped back to give space for his Luna. I watched as she clutch his black T-shirt for dear life, crying into the shirt. Her sobs could be heard from all the way up here, even though I hadn't fully developed my wolf abilities.

Hayden, like the loving son he is wrapped his arms around his mother. His 6.5 ft stature towered over her smaller being as he embraced her like it was the last time they would meet.

Before he released his mom, he placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. He stepped back and continued to wave good bye to the pack.

I watched on in slight jealousy when he pulled on Bianca's hand to signal their departure. The Luna nudge Bianca towards Hayden's open arms as she attempt to stop her from rubbing her swollen belly.

He didn't mentioned that she was leaving with him as well.

A tiny part of me envied how he looked at her like she hung the moon. Bianca would always be his first choice, while I fade to the background like nothing. I turned away from the window in hopes of blocking my feelings.

I might have misjudged myself as deep down I probably crave the pain. I slowly brought my attention back to the happy couple.

Hayden careful helped her into his black jeep securing her seatbelt. Once he had finished buckling her in he place a gentle kiss on her lips and then closed the door. Everyone gushed over that scene, I on the other hand felt a small squeeze to my heart and it burned like hell.

As he walked over to the other side of the jeep. He glance up exhaling deeply and his head turned in my direction. I turned away immediately feeling shy for being caught staring at him.

"Remember to be on your best behavior while I am gone." His words was calming as he spoke to me through the mind link, but his tone suggested otherwise.

Just like that he jumps into the jeep then drives away out of sight, leaving everything that should matter behind.

2 months later

For the last two months I was confined within the pack house. Weeks dragged on slowly as I kept to myself, for the most part.

Pack members had me running errands all over the place. Sometimes I would even be gone for the entire day, depending on the things they asked me to do.

Those were the least of my worries, no my real worries came from a certain male. He was far from gone so he couldn't harm me, but that wasn't the case.

He caused me unimaginable pain even from so far away, he was with her. I can feel them together, becoming one each night.

I shouldn't care. I hissed my teeth as I stared blankly out the window. These thoughts of mine are quite bothersome indeed. Why did I care about a guy that didn't care about me in the first place?

The only thing he ever did to me was torment me and then he slept with me. I wasn't a piece of tissue that he could use, abuse, then refuse. Gosh!!! I am a person with feelings too and he didn't care about them.