chapter 2

Dekota POV

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs.
-William Shakespeare

Sleep came instantly as I shut my eyes. It feels good...I felt at peace lying on the cold hard floor.

Why not on the bed they got me? That is a simple question it was old, broken down and it had bed mites on it.

Most night I would be drenched in cold sweat. Scared to death to close my eyes for a minute, much less sleep. But tonight I feel free, I feel like there was something great waiting for me...or someone. My conscience whispered in my thoughts.

Either way, I was relaxed.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

My eyes were forced open from the loud blasting of the music. Struggling to gain control of my spiraling vision, as I try to adjust to my surrounding. The fast, heavy pounding of my heart helped little to sway my senses of safety.

The pain was so intense that I had to squeeze the area over my heart. Is this what a heart attack feels like?

Breath in. Breath out. Breath in. Breath out.

I did that for 60 seconds and open my eyes again. I was able to focus better on my surrounding better.

I slowly pulled my self off the cold floor, not missing the creaking noise of the floor boards. In a way that makes this dusty, gloomy dark attic feel just like my own piece of heaven.

Moving towards the window, I took a glance at the festivities outside. Everyone looks like a superstar coming down the red carpet. Lights flashing, streamers flying everywhere, champagne bottles popping and everyone grinding on each other was truly a grand time in person. But from my perspective it looked like a clustered mess, that I would love to just experience for once.

However, resigned to my fate I turned my back on the window.

"Not liking the view?" A voice whispered from across the room. Stumbling backwards due to the freight of an uninvited person.

"Don't look too scared, princess. It's only me." His voice said with such smoothness, it would have calm me if I wasn't so scared.

"You say that like I know who the random person is in my room." I fired back knowing all to well who he is, feeling anxious I fumble for something to defend my self with.

"Are you used to random guys being in YOUR room?" His voice felt closer than before, as if he was standing right beside me.

I felt the fast increase of my heart beat. I wanted to make a run for the door, but with my luck I might just tumble and fall before I even had a fighting chance. "What do you want from me ?" I ask too afraid to move a muscle.

"I think playing dumb is beneath you as you very well know I want you...all of you" His voice whispered with each word causing the hair on my neck to stand up. Before I could say a word I felt large hands encircle around me as I was dragged back into this crazed male's chest.

I struggled against his hold, but I didn't have enough strength to break free.

"I'm a little hurt, princess. Is that any way to treat your mate?" He whispered in the croak of my neck as he started to rain kisses down on my marking spot. It felt like an explosion of sparks.

Too good to be true.

I fought with renewed strength against my 'so called mate' until I was able to break free of his grasp. Once freed I dashed to turn the lights on.

Blinking to life the light slowly enlighten the room. The light was dim, however it was sufficient enough for me to see my 'mate'.

I was more angry than shocked, when I say those icy blue eyes. The cheschire smirk on his ugly beautiful face.

"The Moon Goddess would never..." I whispered with tears running down my face like river.

"Don't look too sad, Princess. I only want you to love me, the way I love you."

I could feel the plummeting feeling of my heart, sinking to my guts as Hayden steps closer.

He captured my lips in a feral kiss, which sealed my fate.

I was doomed to be loved.