Chapter 7

It hurts the most when the person who made you feel so special to yesterday makes you feel so unwanted today.

SEPTEMBER 6-

With summer break being just about done and school now in session, relief couldn't explain the way I feel right now. Going back to school reminds me how good it will be away from the pack for seven and half hours, five days a week, twenty-five weeks a year.

School was by far better than being at home. It gave me a valid reason to not have to do so much work, it was somewhere I could be myself and not be judge for it. Given the fact that I spent most my free time in the Home and Economics wing of the school.

I would figure that always making dinner for the pack would have me resent anything remotely concerning cooking, but I truly enjoyed it. It brings me piece just whipping up different spices, aphrodisiacs, herbs etc. to make the most exquisite concoctions. Oh, yea! its food porn for me...

"I wonder what is going through that pretty lil head of yours." I was brought out of my wondering state by familiar deep southern drawl, spinning around too quickly to see who it was I ended up knocking over a few of the spices.

Out of all of them it had to be the black pepper to spill out.

In a matter of seconds both me and my unfortunate guest got a dose of pepper in our air way and started to sneeze uncontrollably. My eyes were watering as I started to coughed out hard almost like I was trying to cough up my lungs. I watched as he was doing the same but in a much more charming way if that was even possible.

"I'm sorry about that." I managed to say a few minutes later leaning against the sink. Wiping the few stray tears from his eyes he flashes me a boyish smile, "it's ok. It could have literally happen to anyone that has your mannerism." My face sours at that, noticing his mistake he quickly rushes out "I mean for someone that doesn't seems to talk to people much, you have a tendency to use your surrounding to get your point across."

"Truly I am sorry about that you frightened me back there. Didn't anyone teach you that it was bad manners to sneak up on a person?" Scratching the back of his unruly head of ink black hair he looks away. "Force of habit where I am from, everyone is normally always alert which makes it hard for any one to 'sneak' up on us." He air quoted sneak part of his statement as he walked to where the broom was to have the mess cleaned up.

" No I got that!" I declared out loud stretching out to take the broom away from him, but he swatted my hands away lightly. "Must you always do everything on your own?" His piercing stormy grey eyes looked down at me trying to probably intimidate me. Which I would be lying if I didn't say I felt that way unwillingly due to my rank.

"Why don't you just leave this to me this time and probably next time I will let you clean up after our third encounter. Fair enough" He smiles as he disposed of broken bottle of pepper and its spilled contents. " Third encounter?" I asked puzzled by what he said, "when was our first if this one was not it?"

He touched his chest in hurt I would assume, "you forgot all about me already. I can't say I'm not hurt that you don't remember me." he leaned against the wall opposite from where I was, studying me for I don't know what.

"You seriously don't recognize me" Hair as black squid ink, eyes that traps you in it's stormy gazes, he had a boyish smile that in a way made him seemed mischievous. He had a hauntingly handsome face, he was 6'2ft almost as tall as Hayden. I shake my head to rid my self of the thought of my mate, he is no good if the hickeys all over my bosoms' weren't enough of a subtle claim.

"Well gosh I can't believe you forgot all about me so soon." He moved closer to me, I could feel my wolf stirring inside curious to know who he was.