"I will be yours." I taste the words in my mouth, they were sweet but in the end it left a bitter taste.

"Tell me..." I walked passed him as I went to stand in front of the other window, watching the party guests having a blast. "Let's say we are what you claim us to be...mates." I Turned to him just in time to see his chest puff out with pride.

"Which we are." He sent me a devilish smile. My eyes rolled on queue.

"If we are." Emphasis on the "if" as I treaded lightly with this matter. "Will you belong to me, like I belong to you?" I held his gaze as I waited for his response.

It never came though. Dead silence was my answer.

I laughed. Why should I have expected anything from him. To think, I was something to him even if we're mates.

I wanted hope but I got uncertainty. This can't be it for me, was my only thought as I walked away from the window.

"You don't seem happy." I heard the change in tone again as he spoke- for a second I thought someone was with us.

I noticed Hayden's wolf was no longer in Hayden's shadow. His once blue eyes have changed to amber and his teeth were razor sharp now.

"Its because I'm... not." I took a deep breath and faced him. "I wanted someone to save me from you; not to be trapped by you." Tears began to build up again deep within me.

Harsh shivers began to rattle my body as he growled out. The music couldn't even drown his growl out, high as it is it had no affect it in any way.

In one stride he was infront of me. "My word is final!! You're my mate and you will accept that fact." He grabbed me by my waist pulling me firmly against his stiff bulge.

"What-what are you doing? I'm not ready for that after what you did to me." I felt scared in this moment as I tried to get out of his hold.

I wasn't sure nor want to know what he would do to me...mate or not.

His wolf, Ryder as the beast it prefers to be known as was a ticking time boom.

Ryder was dangerous in this moment.

I'm an omega, he is an Alpha.

An unstable one at that. I couldn't allow him to consume what little I had left in me, so I bolted the moment I broke free of his embrace.

I fled my room without thinking about the consequences of my action. All I could think of was getting away from him.

I took the steps two at a time as I tried to get from the attic. The sound of things crashing in my wake was evident as he chased after me. I almost tripped when making a bend around the living room, which if I had stayed a millisecond later he would have caught me.

A different burst of energy surge through me as I made it pass the fourier of the house. I reached to open the door but I was tackled to the ground.

"Why must you make this difficult?" He snarls at me as he hoisted me up by my hair. "I wanted to treat you as my mate. However, I guess that I was too nice." His hands gripped my neck as he began to smell the spot where my mate's mark should go.

I felt a weird accelerating pleasure, when his warm tongue danced up my neck. My inside tingled from the anticipation, that I almost lost myself in him.

"Don't you see how much I affect you right now?" Dragging his hands lazily down my neck as he groped my breast.

"The only thing I see or feel is harassed...by you." I lied through my teeth.