Chapter Thirteen

- P E E R I E -

I paced the hospital floor as Harry did the same. I have no clue what in the living hell got Zayn to just beat Liam up. Was it cause I was with Liam and not him? Whatever the reason is, there was no need for Zayn to just beat up Liam and when Valerie got in front of Liam to save him. I didn't think Zayn realized that he started punching Valerie.

We've been here 4 hours already and still no word of Valerie. The doctor told us Liam was fine and most of us were sitting down in the waiting area, while Zayn went to go apologize to Liam. I looked at Harry-who I guess decided to sit down-and then back to where he double doors were. 

I walked over to Harry and sat next to him. He ran his fingers through his messy curly brown hair. He sighed and sat back. Eyes red from crying the whole time. "Harry it's going to be fine," I assured him. His eyes got watery again. "It was an accident Harry. Valerie made the choice to save Liam . . . . If she wouldn't' have put herself there, Liam could've probably been in a coma or something. Zayn didn't know that Valerie had put herself in front of Liam. I know you're more worried about Valerie then Liam, but without Liam, you're guys tour would've been ruined."

I heard the automatic doors open and my head turned to see Demi and Niall. "I heard what happened, but is it true," Demi asked. "Did Zayn really hurt them?"

I nodded my head. "I don't know why, but yes he did," I said. "Maybe jealousy got over him, when I left with Liam and Valerie. Liam is alright, but Valerie. We haven't heard from."

Demi looked at Harry. "I . . . I called Valerie's mom, saying she got hurt, but I had to leave a voice-mail, I just didn't tell her that a boy beat her up-"

"Where's Valerie," a British voice said. "Is my baby girl alright." she looked at us and recognized Demi. "Demi is Valerie, alright?"

"I uh . . They haven't-"

Demi was cut off by the doctor coming into the waiting area. "Valerie Reynolds family," the doctor said. No one said anything. But Louis spoke up.

"That's us," Louis said. "How is she doc? Is she doing okay?"

"She's doing fine, although, we did have to do surgery on her nose, and stitch up the side of her mouth, but other than that she is fine. You guys can go visit her if you'd like too," the doctor said. We all sighed. "She's in the same room as Liam."

We all looked at each other and Harry was the first one to go see her. "Niall. Louis. Why don't we go buy some things for Valerie," I told them. "Demi. Mrs. Reynolds, would you like to come with us?"

"I don't see why not," Mrs. Reynolds said. "As long as I see my daughter."

- V A L E R I E -

I fluttered my eyes open. I had breathing tubes in my nose. I groaned. I couldn't talk and I could feel something in my mouth. When my vision got better, I saw Zayn. I sighed. I looked at Liam, who was awake. 

"Why did you do that Valerie," Liam asked. I opened my mouth, but no words seemed to flow out. "You couldn't gotten hurt. I mean you did, but-"

"I'm sorry Valerie," Zayn said. "I didn't realize that you put yourself in front of Liam to save him and I guess I got a little too jealous, when Perrie left with Liam and you. I'm sorry to both of you."

I smiled and nodded. "You can't talk can you," Liam asked. I nodded my head again. They both laughed. I looked around the room for Harry and Perrie. I started panicking and my heart rate started going up. 

"Valerie. Valerie. Calm down," Zayn said. Where's Harry and Perrie I mouthed. "Where's Harry and Perrie?" I nodded. "Harry left about 15 minutes ago, because you were still sleeping and Perrie went to the store to go get some things-"