Prologue

- V A L E R I E -

Packing day! Not a fun day actually. 12 hour flight, I wasn't really looking at flying. I've never been on a plane. I just anxious to see how that goes. "Mum!" I yelled. "Do we have anymore boxes?"

"I think there are some in the garage- no in the attic." she yelled. "I'll tell your father to bring more boxes if there aren't any up there."

"Again." I said. "He's not my father." I walked over to the hall. I unhooked the rope and the stairs came down. I coughed into my arm. I hate being sick, it's just the worse feeling ever. I walked up the stairs and unlocked the door. I pushed it up and continued walking up. I turned on the lights.

I looked around for boxes. Lucky me, I didn't find anything, but I did find a box with my name . . . Labeled ON IT! I ripped on the box and found pictures, awards, and other crappy things from my high school memories. Great, what a better way to start, then looking at the past.

I took out the photo album and started looking at it. I flipped through the pages and found a whole bunch that stood out the most. Looking at his face just brought back memories.

"Where would you like to go mi lady!" he said in a funny voice. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Wherever you feel like going, is fine with me." I said.

 "Well we've been almost everywhere, you want to go back to my place?" he asked. I nodded. "Alright then let's go."

We started walking towards Harry's house. I put my hand in my sweater pocket. I wasn't the girl who owned a coat, like every other person at school. We turned the corner and I hard something in the bushes.

"Hey there Harry." it was that voice I hated. From the girl I hated the most. Alexis Chase. "And who do we have here."

"Valerie Reynolds. She's my girlfriend." Harry said. He didn't stutter this time. He said straight up. Wow, I'm surprised. . . . And speechless.

"Since when do you go out with the lowest girl at school Styles?" she asked. Jake was standing behind her. He kind of waved a little and I would have waved back, but she would have gotten made at him, so I just smiled.

"Since the day we broke up." he said.

"You've been going out with this thing since August?" she asked. "I can't believe you. You dumped me for this. I can't believe you downgraded!"

While her and Harry had this fight, I walked over to Jake. "I knew you were going to come by, but I'll only tell you this once." he said. I turned my head and it looked like Alexis was about to throw a tantrum. "Harry is only doing this, because of a stupid bet."

"Really?" I asked. He nodded. "Are you sure? 'Cause it sounds like Harry, but it really doesn't look like it."

"Trust me Val." Jake said. "I'm popular and our friendship is a secret, right?" he said. I nodded. "I hide it, because I don't want you getting hurt and Harry would have done the same thing, but I mean c'mon, he doesn't even hang out with you at school. But he seems to hang out with Alexis at lunch a lot."

"We hang out in class?" I said, but why did I question it?

"Really?" he asked. I didn't say anything. "I've seen you and he talks to the jocks-"

"But aren't you a jock?" I asked, raising a brow. He smirked and rolled his eyes. "Keep going jock."

"I'll give a point there, but I hang out with you, when he leaves you hanging and-"