Chapter Two (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Hi, I'm Claire, I heard there was a new student and I just had to meet you!" she informed me with a smile.

I saw Megan at the corner of my eye who was glaring at Claire, she must really dislike her.

"Uh yeah, I'm Sam. Nice to meet you." I said with a small smile.

"These are my best friends Maddie and Phoebe, we were wondering if you would like to sit with us?"

I frowned, and opened my mouth to respond before Megan spoke up "I think Sam is perfectly comfortable here, besides we all know what happened last time you invited a newbie to your table." She spat, her words dripping with venom.

"Yeah, why do you do that? Is your ultimate goal to piss everyone off at this school?" Jamie added with a raised brow causing Claire to roll her eyes before turning her attention back to me.

"Ignore them sweetie, they're just jealous they are nowhere as popular as me and that they are simply losers."

I was taken back by what she had just said, I mean I honestly didn't think I would ever meet a stereotypical queen bee in my high school experience but I have now.

"As much as I would love to, I think I will be just fine here thanks." I muttered with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"And why is that?" Maddie spat, with a hand on her hip.

"Because I promised I would sit here." I informed her with an eyebrow raised. She rolled her eyes. Is that something they all do? Maybe they practise together to roll their eyes in sync... that's kinda weird.

"You know what Samantha, I suggest you stay out of my way if you value your reputation here I could make your life a living hell." Claire growled before turning on her heel and began to march off with her minions in tow.

"Hey Claire!" I yelled, capturing the attention of several other students who were watching intently with curious gazes. Claire turned around slowly, our eyes met, hers narrowed and she crossed her arms over her chest.

"First off, the names Sam. Second of all, I will stay out of your way I mean why the hell would I want to associate with well, that." I said gesturing towards her clique causing her mouth to hang open.

"Don't threaten me, don't talk to myself or my friends again because I can not tolerate disgusting people such as yourselves, you don't even know us, you judge everyone if they don't do what you say so why don't you run along because I've only been here for half a day and I'm already bored of your crappy insults." Once I had said this, an uproar of applause sounded from certain sections of the room, whereas Phoebe and Maddie glared before storming out after Claire, causing my table to burst out laughing and high five.

"You know, we could have a field trip planned or something, considering the exams we had to do a few weeks ago." Emily suggested with a small shrug.

Jamie nodded in agreement, "True, I mean we haven't had a field trip for like the past nine years so it is possible." Causing Megan to frown at him.

"Dude, you haven't been here for nine years so how would you know?"

"It's a figure of speech Meg, you obviously haven't been paying attention in English." Jamie retorted whilst rolling his eyes, I saw James was smirking at Jamie, who always seemed to get on Megan's nerves which was pretty amusing because they bicker like an old married couple.

I shifted in my seat slightly, my butt was getting so numb from the chair it was so uncomfortable.

"Got ants in your pants Sam?" James whispered to me, I grinned and shook my head.