I dont know why this bothers me

Okay so the other day I was watching BBC (figures) and I saw this commercial for ASPCA, you know, the ones that make the well majority of the population change the channel? Well, first let me back it up when I was eight or nine years old, and I was in a frozen yogurt place (NOT sweet frog😑) and they had the three large plastic transparent tubes mounted on the wall and each one represented three different places to donate to- animal shelter, homeless shelter, and something also I can't remember. So the company (frozen yogurt) would donate a portion of the money that you pay, and you chose which of the three you would donate to. Whenever someone donated, they would throw in a gumball (these containers were very large). I chose the homeless shelter, which had about 1/3 the way full of candies. The other one, I can't remember. And the animal shelter one was overflowing. No surprise. I thought that was strange (and a little unfair) when I was little.

But the one thing that made me question this a little bit more was that commercial. When it said,'sixty cents a day can save the animals blah blah blah...' Which is only eighteen dollars a month, fine right? I had no issue with this until I saw the other commercial. This was a commercial for UNICEF, where the help malnourished and starving children in third world countries. Okay, but I had a problem when they said,'save a child for only two quarters a day-' wait, WHAT? I don't think this makes any sense. I'm not trying to crap on animals or anything, but that's more expensive? Think about it. This is just stupid. I know it's only ten cents, but that adds up to a lot in the long run. And I know, I know, that's the company's decision how much that they charge, but i still think that its unfair more for homeless suffering animals and it's our fault. Breeders making money for adding to an already large problem. And then there's the children's issue. Over in third world places dying, and we are paying more for animals, which is our fault, and I'm not even getting into the abortion crap. Absolutely no respect for humanity here. All picking and choosing who you would rather give money to. People would rather help helpless animals when they don't even realize, these children are just as helpless. So yes, I would donate for people over animals any day.

You may think I'm wrong- but remember that more people change the channel for those depressing dog commercials than for dying children.