XIX

C h i l o m b o, E f u r u 

"Too hot?" The woman asked as she turned on the water for my pedicure. 

I checked the temperature and shook my head no. I relaxed in the chair and sighed contently. 

It was time I had some alone time to myself. I needed a break from my hectic life and getting a pedicure was at the top of my list. 

"How many months are you?" The lady asked as she began to paint my toes. 

"8." I replied as I rubbed my stomach. It was crazy how quickly my stomach had grown. Just two months ago I was barely noticeable and now I was twice as large as a watermelon. My two little babies were growing so big inside of me. 

"Yes, I would like a pedicure and my eyebrows waxed." A familiar voice said. I looked over at the reception desk and shook my head. 

"Oh hey Jhene!" Kelsey gave me a friendly wave as the lady instructed her to have a seat in the chair next to me. "Wow, you're really getting big." She said as she looked at my stomach. 

I nodded. "Yup. I'm due any day now." 

"That's wonderful." She looked down at her phone and sighed before putting on a fake smile. "Franklin and Namiko are really good friends." She began. 

"Yeah, let Nami tell it that's her lil boyfriend." I laughed. 

"I'm glad we were able to meet and become acquainted with each other." She continued. 

"Mhm." 

I wasn't really feeling the conversation. I would rather sit quietly and let this woman finish my nails. 

"You wan' design for your nails?" She asked. I nodded. 

I pulled out my wallet and grabbed my card. After she slid my feet into my sandals, I stood and walked over the desk and paid. 

"Jhene wait!" Kelsey called after me. I rolled my eyes and turned to look at her. "Do you think we could go out to lunch or something to talk?" 

"Talk about what?" 

"I don't really want to discuss anything here, but you can pick the place and we can meet in about 15 minutes?" She offered. 

"Well, there's a cafe down the street we can go to." I shrugged. 

She nodded. "Sure. I'll meet you there." 

I waved goodbye and walked out of the Nail Salon. I got into my car and pulled out my phone. I dialed Robyn's number and waited for her to answer.