X

F e n t y, R o b y n

"A'laya isn't your kid though." I spat.

I instantly regretted saying that as she immediately began to cry.

I didn't mean it. I just didn't like when she started to preach at me about the life I'm living.

"I.." She cleared her throat and shook her head. "Whatever Robyn," She sniffed and began walking up the stairs.

"Rob I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start problems with you." Keh said.

"It's fine."

"I didn't come here for you to go after him. I just need a place to crash for a few days. Get back on my feet you know?"

"Of course. There's a spare room down the hall." I agreed. She was a friend of mine who needed help. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing she was struggling.

I heard Jhene slam the bedroom door shut.

I sighed. "Did you bring any suitcases?" I asked.

"Just one." She looked down. "I wasn't sure if I'd find somewhere to go so I packed light."

"It's fine. If you need me to go with you tomorrow to get more of your stuff let me know."

She nodded.

"I also have some available jobs at a few of my clubs if you need money." I offered.

She looked at me like I was crazy. "I don't strip."

"I wasn't talking about stripping dummy." I shook my head. "Just go in the room and rest or something. I gotta fix some stuff with my baby."

"Yes ma'am." She smiled and headed into the spare room.

I took a calming breath before jogging up the stairs and opening the bedroom door.

"What the fuck you doing?" I asked. She was packing a suitcase.

"I'm leaving." She said in a duh tone.

"Why?!"

"Ask another dumb question..."

I shook my head and moved her away from the bag.

"Don't touch me." She crossed her arms.

"Ba-"

"I don't have time for this. Nami and I are leaving so please move so I can go."

I smacked my lips. "You know I didn't mean it like that Jhene. You don't have to go because of something I said out of spite."

"How did you mean it Robyn? Does this ring on my finger mean nothing? I considered myself to be a parent to Laya, but since I didn't give birth to her she's not mine right. If you go to jail tomorrow I guess Mama Fenty would have to become her legal guardian because she's not mine right..." She shook her head.

"Kitty, I didn't mean it like that."

"You've said that." She shrugged. She packed a few more things before zipping up her suitcase. "I really do think this ring means nothing to you. This is my house too, I pay half the bills and make sure its clean so for you to invite someone I don't know into the house without asking how I feel about the situation sucks." She lifted the bag and walked out the room.

A few minutes later, Nami walked into the room. "Bye Mama." She kissed my nose. "I'll make sure we FaceTime on Mommy's phone!" She grinned.