Chapter Thirty Five

Enmity Chapter Thirty Five - Besties

~Jamie's POV~

I continued running until I reached Kooper. Kooper was a tree that my mother and I found and named. It was a place where most people wouldn't find, and only Joella knows about it.
I went there every time I felt low and stuff. I sat under the tree, trying to block out the world.

"Jamie, are you okay?!" Vita's soothing voice filled the air as she walked closer to me.

"No.." I admitted, my voice breaking.

"Oh Jamie.." She muttered, bending down in front of me. "Do you want to talk about it? It makes everything better." I nodded my head, before shaking it, and decided on a gentle shrug. "I don't know..." I sighed.

Without thinking, words started pouring out of my mouth like vomit. "I know that it's my fault Thomas is in a coma.. I really want to talk to him and get him to wake up.. But Rachel.." I dissolved in sobs again, and Vita embraced me in a tight hug. "Shh.." She patted my back soothingly.

I soon calmed down. We were leaning against the tree, not speaking at all.

After a moment of silence, Vita finally spoke. "I saw Rachel." 

"I know.."

"No, I mean after she chased you out." She clarified. I must've looked confused because she quickly went on to explain.

"She sat down on the seat you were sitting at just now, grabbed Thomas's hand and broke down." She started, "She cried loud, heavy sobs." 

"Why?" I managed to muster out.

She shrugged, her eyes full of compassion and understanding. "I have a theory.."

She paused, letting the words sink in, before continuing.

 "I mean, she's human after all. She has feelings and whatnot." She started, before abruptly stopping, shaking her head to clear it, and speaking again.

"Let's look at it from her point of view. She knew Thomas since she was young, she loved him since then, but they lost contact. When they met again, whether by coincidence or her stalking him, he fell in love with a total different girl. How would you feel if that happened to you?" I bit my lip, imagining myself in her shoes. "I'd be shocked, hurt and angry." I answered honestly.

"Yeah, exactly. She was what you just described. You'd want to get your childhood lover back, wouldn't you?" She asked me.

I nodded my head, not trusting my voice. I finally got why Rachel was acting that way towards me.
"Then what happened? She finally got her childhood lover back, but then he was put in a coma." She continued. "She must've felt very upset and depressed." I commented, and got a nod from Vita.

"Do you get what I'm trying to say?" She asked me, resting her hand on top of mine.

"That she isn't bad?" I replied, although it came out like a question. She nodded her head again, before pulling me into a tight hug.

"You're really smart, you know?" I told her, earning a laugh from her.

"No, I'm not. I just look at things from the outside." She replied.

"Thank you, Vita." I muttered.

"You're welcome, Jamie!" She said, and I could basically picture the smile on her face.
I think I found my new best friend.

---

Comment below your opinions :)