Chapter Thirty Three

Enmity Chapter Thirty Three - The Blame Is On Me

I gasped as I lay my eyes on Thomas. He lay unconscious on the hospital bed, his face full of bruises. Tears sprung on my eyes as I realised it was my fault. If I hadn't left, Dylan wouldn't have beaten Thomas and he wouldn't be lying here.

"Oh my god.." I breathed out.

Dylan quickly turned around, just noticing me. "Jamie.." He said, standing up. He looked at me, guilt obvious in his eyes. I quickly looked away.

He sighed, before slowly walking over to me. "I.. I didn't know this would happen." He stumbled over his words. His disheveled appearance made me feel even guiltier. "I know.." was all I could muster out, before pushing past him and walking slowly over to Thomas.

"Thomas..?" I whispered. I reached over and grabbed his hand, interlacing our fingers. "Tommy.. I-It's Evie." I breathed out, using our nicknames for each other. "Can you answer me? Please wake up, Tommy." 

Of course, like I'd expected, there wasn't a reply. I breathed out a shaky breath, before continuing. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I said I hate you. I don't. I'm sorry I made your friends insult your girlfriend. I'm sorry for everything. Please wake up.." 

"I need you to wake up, Thomas. Please." Tears flowed freely down my cheeks as I squeezed his hand. Suddenly, someone burst into the room and the same person started shouting. 

"Get away from him you bitch!" It was Rachel. "It's your fault he's in here!" She sounded like she had been crying, her voice raw.

She ran up to me and pushed me away from Thomas. "Get out! You aren't welcome here!!" All I could hear was 'it was your fault' repeating in my mind.

"I know it's my fault, Rachel!" I screamed. 

She was now advancing towards me and pushing me out. She was really strong. "No! Stop! Let me speak to Thomas!" I struggled against her iron grip.

"Out!" She screamed. She was succeeding in pushing me out of the room. "Thomas! No!" I yelled, tears pouring from my eyes endlessly. "Please.." I said, before the door was slammed in my face.

Standing up, I started to run. Away from the torture and pain. Away from all the guilt.

~Thomas POV~

I heard a small gasp, followed by a soft 'oh my god', and I immediately knew Jamie was here.

"Thomas?" She asked softly, before interlacing our fingers. "Tommy. I-It's Evie. Can you answer me? Please wake up Tommy." She sighed shakily, before going on to speak some more, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry  I said I hate you. I don't. I'm sorry I made your friends insult your girlfriend. I'm sorry for everything. Please wake up.." I tried to squeeze her hand, tried to wake up, but nothing happened. I need to tell her that it wasn't her fault.

Suddenly, her hand was yanked away from mine and a lot of screaming could be heard. "Jamie!" I tried to shout, but my mouth was unwilling to cooperate.

"No! Stop! Let me speak to Thomas!" Jamie screamed, her voice evident that she had been crying. 

I heard the door slam and knew that she was gone.

I wanted to get up and go after her, wanted to tell Rachel off, but I can't. I was trapped. Trapped inside my own body.