Chapter Seventeen

Enmity Chapter Seventeen - Moving In?
I must've fallen asleep because when I next opened my eyes, they were gone, but there was a lot of noise from downstairs.
I groaned, sitting up. "Who's making so much noise? It's.." I checked my clock, "9 in the morning!"
Nevertheless, the noise continued. I stood up, pissed off, and stomped downstairs.
To my utmost shock, two women were standing in my living room. "No offence, but who the hell are you?" I raised an eyebrow, asking.
The older woman broke into a huge grin, "You must be Jamie! I've heard so much about you. I'm your soon-to-be mother! This is my daughter, Marie." She pointed at the younger lady.
"Hello," she said, smiling. My father rushed into the living room with two huge luggages, "Monkey! I forgot to tell you - please share the room with Marie. They're moving in with us and your room is very large."
I frowned, "What do you mean 'share'?!"
"Well, she'll be sleeping and using your room along with you." My dad explained patiently. I rolled my eyes, too tired to fight with him.
"Whatever. C'mon, I'll show you my room." I walked over, took the luggage my dad gave me, and stomped off, not caring if she followed or not.
Hey, I am pissed off, but I do have the decency to help her carry her belongings.
She scurried over quickly, trying to catch up with me. As I opened my room door, a small gasp escaped from her lips.
"Your room is beautiful," she commented, looking around. I had an extra bed in my room, for when Joella or Dylan slept over. I pointed at that bed, then told her, "That's your bed. Stay on your side of the room, and I'll stay on mine." With that, I sat her luggage on her bed and walked to my bed.
"Why do you hate me so much?" She suddenly asked me. "Hate you?" I laughed, even though nothing is funny, "I barely even know you! How would you feel if your mum died when you were eight years old, and now your dad is getting remarried to a random lady with a child and she just barges into your house and you suddenly have to share a room?!"
She kept quiet, standing up and packing her things into the closet at her side of the room.
I received a text from Thomas, inviting me to go with him, Kaya, Ki Hong, Will and Dylan to hang out. I texted back a quick 'yes', before jumping off the bed.
Opening my door, I yelled at my dad that I was going out with my friends. "Bring Marie along and show her around! They just arrived here from Australia!" I sighed, turning to Marie.
"Hey, I'm meeting my friends. You wanna come?" She quickly nodded, standing up.
Therefore, twenty minutes later, we were all at the park, waiting for Will. "So, you must be Marie. Hi, I'm Thomas," Thomas introduced himself, smiling. "Hello!" Marie said, happy for the attention.
I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I felt jealousy inside me. I walked over to Dylan. He smiled upon seeing me, hugging my petite body. "How are you Mimi? I get that you don't really like Marie?"
I hugged him back, my face buried in his chest. "Not really. I don't like her mum too. And I don't like Thomas at the moment." I said, even though I do like Thomas, but I said it out of jealousy.
I could feel him look over at Thomas before looking back down at me. He smiled, "You do know that he's just trying to be friendly? And do you know that he just looked in our direction with an expression that he was going to slaughter somebody?"
Somehow that made me giggle, which was weird because I started to hiccup. That made us laugh harder.
Marie looked over in our direction in curiosity and Thomas looked over with jealousy written all over his face.
I smirked. 'Doesn't feel so good now huh, Tommy boy?' I thought.
Will came running up to us, breathless. "Hey guys, sorry I'm late."
Before any of us could say anything, Marie walked over, "Hi.. You must be Will. I'm Marie, Jamie's sister."
I rolled my eyes, "You are my soon-to-be STEP-sister."
Will looked at Marie from head to toe with a small smile on his face, "Hey, Marie."
For the next three hours, we went to different places. However, it wasn't much fun with my sarcastic comments to whatever Marie say.
I was determined to get rid of Marie. She was not coming into my life and turn it upside down.