Chapter Twenty Two

Enmity Chapter Twenty Two - Comfort and Discomfort
~Jamie's POV~
The doorbell to my house rang just as I calmed down from crying. I stumbled to the door and opened it.
"Jamie, are you okay?" The person said, grabbing my shoulders. I looked up.
"Hey, Dylan.." I smiled slightly. He must've already heard that me and Thomas broke up.
We trudged up to my room and closed the door. "Woah.." He said, seeing the mess in my room.
He looked at my TV, which was paused. "Teen Wolf? Really?" He laughed slightly.
I just shrugged slightly and sat on my bed. He walked over and sat down next to me.
"Mimi, we've been friends since we were kids. You know that you can tell me anything, right?" He told me gently, intertwining my hands in his.
"It's just.. I-I really..." I stumbled to get the words out, tears filling my eyes again.
I took a shaky breath, before continuing, more coherently this time. "Rachel.. She cut my arm. But nobody believes me.. A-And I really like Thomas, but.. But he chose her over me."
"Shh.." He quickly pulled me into a hug as I began to cry again. Suddenly, he paused. "Did you make a snap sound, by any chance?"
I wiped my already sore eyes, before answering, "What snap sound? I didn't hear anything.." My voice sounded raw.
"Nevermind.." He said, before looking at me with concern etched on his face.
"Are you okay..?" He asked, resting his hand on mine.
I nodded, looking down at our touching hands, before looking up at his eyes.
Our eyes locked and time seem to freeze. Before I could register what was happening, Dylan was inching in and his face was just inches away from mine.
Suddenly, we heard a snap. We jerked apart immediately. My cheeks was a pale red colour by now.
"I totally heard it this time.." I muttered, looking around. Dylan nodded, looking at me. He cleared his throat awkwardly before looking at the floor.
"You don't have to feel, you know, awkward around me. Because..." He said, inching slowly closer to me.
"I really..." He was so close to me now. "Really want to..."
"To have..." He was now touching me. My eyes widened as I realised what he wanted to do.
"A TICKLE WAR!" He shouted, tickling me. I squirmed under his touch, although I can't help but let a few giggles slip out of my mouth.
We heard a snap again, but we ignored in this time. "Stop!" I squealed, gasping. He laughed at my reaction, before stopping.
Then we found ourselves in a very awkward position. We were lying in my bed, with his arms around me. He leaned in, closing his eyes.
Funnily, my brain totally shut down and I closed mine too. As our lips connected, my brain started trying to work and find out what was actually happening.
I finally snapped out of it. I was kissing Dylan O'Brien. I know it probably shouldn't matter, because I've broken up with Thomas, but I can't help but feel guilty. Not for Thomas, but for Dylan.
I quickly but gently pushed him off me, raising a hand to my mouth. "I-I'm sorry, Dyl." I quickly said after I saw his hurt expression.
"I just.. I haven't healed from the breakup. I don't want to jump to any romantic conclusion so fast. I don't want to accept anybody else at the moment, since my mind isn't even thinking straight now." I said, even though that only made everything worse.
He shook his head, "Jamie, I don't get it.."
I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I don't want to treat you like a spare tyre. Just because Thomas is gone, I go for you. I don't like it. That's basically lying and using you, and lying to myself. It's unfair."
He looked at me, "I don't mind, Jamie. If you'd just give me a chance, I'd make you change that mindset. You'd shift me from a second choice to your first and best choice."
I shook my head, closing my eyes. I couldn't look at that pleading eyes for another second. "You should probably leave..."
"Please, Jamie. Just, please..-" he started, but was cut off by me.
"Just go, Dylan. I'm sorry, but please leave." I said. I know I probably sounded harsh, but I needed to think it through clearly. About the breakup, about the kiss, everything.
He nodded his head slowly, disappointed. "Okay.. Alright. I'll leave. I'm sorry, Jamie. I'll call you soon." He stood up and walked out of my room.
I sighed, leaning down on my bed. Then, my phone rang, signaling a new text.
'Meet me at nearby park at midnight.' It read. It was clearly from Rachel.
Yeah, right. I'd totally go and--
What time is it? I need to get ready to meet her.
---