Chapter Eight

Enmity Chapter Eight - I Think I Might Like You
It was 10.45am now. Dylan is fast asleep, but neither Thomas nor I wanted to sleep. Instead, we were playing 20 questions.
"Favourite food?" I asked him.
"Bagels, eggs and Worcestershire sauce! My turn. Favourite colour?"
"Blue for the win! Umm.. what's one thing you're very scared of?"
He shifted in his seat, before answering, "Oh right, I'm sure you didn't see the interview I did with Will. Well, I'm just going to repeat what I said then. I was scared of Mrs Simpson in school.. She had sort of uh.. Bigger.. Hands? And when she clap, she looks down at you from her nose and be like 'well done, you.'"
As he was talking, he did lots of actions to imitate his teacher. I failed to stifle a giggle and burst out laughing.
He gave me a dirty look, before smirking and said, "Alright. My turn. Where's your mother?"
My smile disappeared immediately. "I thought you said you wouldn't pry?" "I did, didn't I? Well, this is 20 questions, and you have to answer it."
Just when I thought he was actually kinda sweet. I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath, trying to get ready to tell the heart wrenching story again.
He must've noticed my utmost discomfort because he told me, "Hey, Jamie, if you don't want to tell me, then I'm sorry for asking. You don't have to answer it. I'll just change the question."
I don't know if it's because I'm beginning to trust him or is it because of how he wouldn't force me if I don't want to say it, but I ended up telling him the whole story.
"And.. That was basically how I was so pissed when Wiggly broke my keychain." I said, looking at him.
Surprise, surprise. He was asleep. No wonder he was so quiet during my story-telling. Was my story really that boring?
As if to reply my question, he started to snore. Loudly and deeply.
"Seriously?!" I groaned out loud, making him stir in his slumber. I know it may sound very perverted and all, but I started to scrutinise him. Very closely, this time. He was kinda cute, if I do say so myself. I blushed at the thought. What the hell?! I stood up quickly.
Thomas Sangster, what are you doing to me? I sighed, trying to cool myself down from the heat in my cheeks. Not working.
I looked at Thomas's peaceful asleep face, and how innocent he looked. "I think.. I might like you." I whispered, my voice so soft I barely heard myself.
-----