Chapter Twenty Six

Enmity Chapter Twenty Six - Jealousy
~Marie's POV~
We were all laying in bed, wide awake. I could hear them talking and giggling in hushed whispers. I was tossing and turning in bed, unable to sleep.
Never in my life had I met a girl like Jamie and I liked her a lot. We had fun the past few days I had been here, but now that Joella is here..
Is this how Jamie feel when she saw Thomas and Rachel? Well, this feeling sucks.
Before I knew it, I was dozing off. My last thought was to help Jamie be happy again. Then I fell asleep to the sound of two girls giggling.
---
I woke up early in the morning, way earlier than Jamie and Joella did. I tip-toed downstairs alone after brushing my teeth, washing my face and combing my hair.
Jamie's dad and my mum had went overseas together, so nobody was downstairs.
My phone, which was on vibrate, vibrated in my pocket. I reached for it and picked up.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Marie, is she okay?" It was Thomas again.
"Yeah. Never been better. She has her best friend to sleep over and cheer her up." I said bitterly.
"Marie, are you jealous?" He asked incredulously.
"No, I just feel something clenching my heart when I see the both of them together. And I feel like I want to strangle her best friend. I'm not jealous at all." I sarcastically answered, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see it.
He laughed. Suddenly, I heard shuffling from the other side.
"Good morning babe," A girl's voice said. My eyes widened.
"Did a girl just call you 'babe'?!" I demanded angrily.
"No! It isn't what you think.." He tried to explain, but failing terribly.
"I thought you cared for Jamie, Thomas." I frowned.
"I-I do! Look, you don't understand.." He started, but was cut off by me.
"Yeah okay.." I pretended to say. When he had supposedly 'relaxed', I screamed into the phone "Go screw yourself, Thomas!" And hung up.
I was being harsh, but he was being an ass. Hasn't he hurt Jamie enough?
I heard shuffling, before someone asked, "Marie? Why are you up so early?"
I turned around, expecting Jamie. However, it was Joella. Yay.
"You're up so early too." I commented.
"Yeah, I heard you getting up. Can i talk to you?"
I nodded slowly and hesitantly, sitting down on the sofa. She went up and sat beside me.
"Were you on the phone with Thomas Sangster?" She asked.
"Uh.. Yes?" I said, even though it sounded like a question.
"Did he sound apologetic? Will Thomie still exist?" She sounded excited.
"Thomie?"
"Just.. Testing that out. It's their ship name, silly! Or is Jamas better..?"
"Uh.." I raised an eyebrow. "Thomas has been a total jerk to Jamie."
"So? People make mistakes," she laughed.
I shrugged, "I think Dylan suits her. He's always been there for Jamie."
She frowned at my words, "But Jamie doesn't like him."
"She might. They kissed." I frowned too.
"What? Since when?"
"You should know, you're her best friend!"
"Well I don't, okay?!"
"Looks like you aren't very close to her, then!"
"You're being ridiculous!"
"I'm being ridiculous? Look who's talking!"
Our heated argument was cut off by Jamie's voice. "Joella? Marie? You guys are up early."
"Hey Jamie," I said, the same time Joella said "Morning, J!"
~Jamie's POV~
I heard their argument. I just decided to ignore it. I've had enough of boy problem, I don't need another boyfriend in my life. However, I needed to get them to get along together.
"Guys, I'm not speaking to you until you guys leave my house to go shopping. And have a sleep over at Jo's house. Come back tomorrow." I said, pushing both of them out of the house.
"You can't do this, Jamie!" Joella protested. Marie just kept quiet. Smart girl.
"Well take a look, Jo. I AM doing it. Get out." I laughed, successfully getting them out of the house before slamming the door at their faces.
---
I had been reading 'A Game of Thrones' when the doorbell rang.
I groaned in frustration and got up.
"Nobody's at home!" I shouted at the door as the doorbell kept ringing.
I heard laughter from the other side as I got to the door.
"Hi!" The person waved after I opened the door, before walking straight into my house.
What. The. Hell?
---