Chapter Fifteen

Enmity Chapter Fifteen - Awkwardness
We arrived hand-in-hand at Will's doorstep. I rang the bell. The door opened almost immediately, but Kaya was the one opening it. "Hey Tom. C'mon in." Then, she seem to have spotted me. "Hey.. It's you again." She then looked down and saw our interlocked fingers.
"Yeah. I'm Jamie Evans. Hi." I stated stiffly, feeling a little awkward. "Hey Jamie! I'm Kaya. Come in!" She smiled.
We followed Kaya all the way upstairs into a room, but the door was closed. I felt Thomas squeeze my hand. I looked up and saw him smiling down at me. He tilted his head, kinda asking me if I was okay or not. I nodded unsurely, before opening the door.
When I opened the door, I immediately sighed in relief. There were only three boys in the room, two of which I already know.
There were a chorus of "hey" and "sup" when Thomas and I walked in hand-in-hand. In the room was Dylan, Will and a boy whom I don't know.
"Hi.." I said hesitantly, inching closer to Thomas. Will and Dylan immediately gave me a warm smile. "Hey, Ariel! You came," Will said. I shrugged, before replying, "Don't you want me to?"
"Of course I do! Sit down." Will exclaimed.
I watched as Dylan glanced over at me, smiling, but before I had the chance to smile back at him, his attention shifted downwards at me and Thomas's hands. He quickly looked away, but I caught a glimpse of hurt in his eyes.
A pang of guilt hit me. 'He must hate me alot..' I thought to myself. Just then, Kaya came in with a bunch of other snacks and sat down next to Dylan. "So! Jamie, you know Will and Thomas. This is Dylan." She said, pointing at Dylan.
"Uh.. Yeah. Me and Dyl, we know each other." I stated awkwardly.
"Okay then.. This is Ki Hong." She pointed at the other guy in the room.
"Nice to meet you." I nodded my head and said. He smiled, before replying, "Same here. So.. You're Thomas's new girl?"
I shrugged, before nodding. "Yeah, I guess so." I sat down and Thomas followed suit.
The next two hours was filled with us just talking and getting to know each other. The tension between me and Dylan was very noticeable and I hated it.
After another awkward silence between us, I took a deep breath and stood up. "Dylan. Can I talk to you alone?"
He nodded, standing up too. "Sure. Let's go." We walked out of the room and went to the living room. "What did you want to talk about?" Dylan asked me.
"About us." I stated briefly. "Us?" He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.
"Yeah. I don't want it to be awkward because.. You know, you confessed to me."
"I don't want it to be awkward between us too.. I missed us." He smiled wryly, "Congratulations about you and Thomas, by the way."
"Thank you." I smiled. Without any warning, he lunged forward and hugged me.
"I'm kinda sad that I can't be the guy who makes you happy in your life, but so long as you're happy, I am too. Promise me to always smile?" He whispered into my ear.
"I promise.." I whispered back. Satisfied, he let go of me and walked quietly back. I followed suit.
Just then, my phone rang. "Hello?" I answered.
"Jamie. It's me. I have news. Get home now." It was my father. "Okay, I'll be back soon. Bye." I hung up.
Walking back, I told them. "My dad wants me back. I have to go."
"We'll go with you!" Ki Hong suggested, standing up. The rest nodded in agreement. I shrugged, before turning and walking away.
Thomas quickly caught up with me and held my hand. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded and smiled slightly.
As we opened the door, we were bombarded with girls standing outside.
"Fans.." Will whispered. Kaya smiled excitedly, "Can we meet them?" "Well, is there another choice now?" Ki Hong asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes, even though I was panicking inside.
"Ready to be introduced as my girlfriend in front of the fans, Evie?" Thomas asked me.
I took a deep breath and a step forward.
"As ready as I'll ever be."
---