Chapter Twenty Four

Enmity Chapter Twenty Four
- Crush?
~Marie's POV~
"What would you like to drink, Marie?" Kaya asked, looking over at me. I shrugged, feeling awkward. I have never really talked to Kaya much, so I don't know how to act around her. "A mocha frappe, preferably." She nodded, "Yeah.. I'll get the same."
As we arrived at starbucks, she told me to go find seats while she went to buy the coffee.
I found two seats nearest to the window, and I figured that I'd just sit there. 'At least if it's too awkward, I can look out the window at the night view' I thought.
She came back holding two cups of coffee and sat down opposite me.
"So.. I heard that you went on a date with Will," Kaya said, sipping her coffee. I started panicking. Did she just so happen to like Will and is angry about it?
"No, no.. We were just hanging out. Not a date." I explained calmly, reaching for my coffee.
"Well, don't you like him?" She asked me, looking at me.
"I don't know?" I said, taking a sip of my coffee.
"Because he likes you, Marie." She said seriously. I choked on my coffee at the news.
"Woah, are you okay?" She asked, worried.
I nodded my head, too shocked to reply. Just then, my phone rang. "Hello?" I asked.
(A/N If you guys are expecting Jamie to be calling, you're wrong xD)
"Marie!" Thomas's voice filled the other line, panic evident in it.
"What?" I said, irritation in my voice. I wasn't going to be in good terms with him after what he'd done with Jamie.
"I want to ask if Jamie is okay or not." He replied, before telling me what happened. "You don't know?"
I shook my head, before realising he couldn't see me. "No, I didn't know. I'll help you check on her though." With that, I hung up.
Even if I didn't particularly like Thomas, it was clear that he still cared for Jamie. The least I could do is tell him how she's doing.
"I'm sorry, I have to go." I told Kaya, already standing up and grabbing my bag.
"Why? What's wrong?" She asked, looking at me.
"Nothing.. I'll explain it some other day. Bye!" I said, already halfway to the door.
---
I barged into the room loudly, expecting Jamie to be crying into her pillow. Instead, I heard laughter. "Uh.. Jamie?" I said, looking at her and the unknown girl in the room.
"Oh! Hey Marie! Meet Joella, my best friend." She smiled, looking up at me from where she was sitting.
I felt a pang of jealousy. Oh great.
---