Chapter Thirty Four

Sorry it took so long :')
---
Enmity Chapter Thirty Four - Find

~Marie's POV~
~Morning Time~
Joella refused to tell me anything last night. She said she'd explain everything in the morning. That's why we were both sitting on our beds, having sour expressions on our faces.
"My father left my mum and I when I was just three. I barely have any memories of him, except that my mum says he's a bastard." Joella started, sighing. "My mum has been remarrying and divorcing a lot since then, and I never have a proper family." She continued, before adding something as an afterthought. "The best damn thing that happened to me was Dylan and Jamie."
"My mum reckons this is her final marriage as she has found her true love. As a result, now I have a step brother. Alexander. We're supposedly 'dating'." "What do you mean?" I asked, confused.
"I mean that everybody, even our mum and dad, knows that we're dating, but I don't have any feelings for him." "Why don't you just break up with him then?" I asked again.
"I can't, okay?!" "But why?"
"I just can't! Stop with your 'why's!"
Our argument got cut off by my phone ringing. "Hello?" I answered, not looking at the caller ID.
"Hey, Marie! It's Will." I blushed as I heard his voice. "Hey Will..."
"Can you try contacting Jamie? Don't ask, just do." He sounded anxious.
"Sure.. I'll do that right now."
"Oh, and Marie?"
"Yeah, Will?"
"I look forward to another date soon." I could hear him smiling. I turned even redder, if that was possible.
"Bye, Marie."
"Goodbye, Will."
I was snapped out of my daydream when I heard Joella's voice. "Well? What did he say?"
"We have to find Jamie. I don't know why, but we just do!" I explained.
"Then let's go." Was what Joella said, before she hurriedly got out of bed.
That was why two hours later, we were still finding her, but to no avail.
She had switched off her phone, cutting herself out from the world.
Joella and I shared a panicked look, before heading for another place in search for Jamie.
"Jamie! Where are you?!" I shouted, looking around.
"JAMIE! If you don't come out right now, I'm telling everyone what happened that christmas!" Joella said, well, threatened.
"I don't think she's here." I muttered, disappointed. I started to head back, but stopped when I heard Joella's cry.
"There she is!" She pointed at a disheveled looking Jamie, who was clinging onto an unknown girl.
"Who is she?" I asked Joella, hoping she'd know.
"I don't know! I thought I was her best friend! How is it that she's hugging another girl and not me?" Joella growled.
Joella was jealous. Oh great. It's a nice start to the day. I can't wait to see what lies ahead.