Chapter 27| The big game!

Rebecca's POV

As soon as I entered the gymnasium I went over & sat on the bottom row of the
bleachers. About 10 minutes later Brandon and the rest of his team & the other team playing against him came out onto the shinny, polished gym floor.

They all had one basket ball under their armpit,like the professionals. They just ran around the gym shooting hoops, warming up and stuff. After they shot some hoops the game begun.

----------------------------------------------
Brandon's POV

I ran out ready to win.

I thought "We better win this time against the stupid Firecrackers"

The referee blew the bright orange whistle, it was an ear splitting noise. The game began.

"Will we win or lose?!"

---------------------------------------
Rebecca's POV

There was exactly 0.10 seconds left of the game. Both teams were tied! I was gawking straight at them when all of a sudden I seen Brandon dribbling the ball towards the net. He jumped up above the net, I thought he was going to score but...he fell straight on his ankle! I seen the look on his face, I've seen him in pain before but this time I couldn't bare to look at him like that. You could definitely tell that he was in pain!

As soon as he fell everyone in the crowd went wild because Brandon ended up actually getting the ball in the net! They won with 0.10 seconds left! It was just an exciting moment, I almost forgot about Brandon's ankle. I jumped off of the bleachers and ran down too the gym floor in fear and worry!

He was holding his right ankle in a tight position in pain.

"Help! He's hurt!" I yelled.
The paramedics on the side sprinted over to Brandon. He wrapped each arm around their necks. They brought him into the small medical room across from the change rooms.

----------------------------------------------
*20 minutes later*
My jaw dropped!

Brandon walked out with crutches
underneath is arms , he also had a white cast over his ankle.

"It's broken!" He mumbled"

"On the bright side you guys won"

"Yeah"

"Let's get you home"

Brandon nodded in agreement.

"I'll drive"

"But you can't" Do you remember how? Are you sure you want to drive you haven't been behind the wheel since the accident?!" Brandon asked in concern.

"Yes I'm sure, I'll just be extra careful, I need to drive again some time. I can't be afraid my whole life. I need to face my fears and get behind the wheel"

"You have a point Rebecca"

I grabbed Brandon's gym bag from his dressing room and we both took off.

----------------------------------------------

  I opened the door to Brandon's truck for him because he had trouble getting in with his crutches and all. I helped him get up by taking his crutches. I got behind the wheel and drove out of the parking lot. I drove straight to Brandon's place

--------------------------------------------------
Brandon's POV

   We pulled into my driveway . "How are you getting home?" I asked.

"I'm going to call my mom and get her to drive me home in about 20 minutes or so, if that's okay with you?"

"Oh okay are you sure you don't what to borrow my truck because you were okay driving this time around and you could just give it back to me tomorrow?" I suggested.