Chapter 10 |Mother daughter moment|

Rebecca's mom's (Mrs.Olsen) POV

I was sitting down on a dark blue chair out in the waiting room, waiting for a nurse to welcome me back in the room to once again see my lovely daughter Rebecca Olsen.

A young looking nurse with short brown hair approached me.

"Excuse me but I just wanted to let you know that Rebecca's free for you to visit now from 10:00 to 9:00 am tomorrow.

"Okay Thank you Mam" I slowly got up off the chair & walked down the hallway.

I seen a set of stairs at the end of it. They led up to a small hospital room were Rebecca was staying until she felt better.

As I entered the room & walked past her bed, I saw her lying there peacefully sleeping.

I noticed her legs & how the bandages were covering up her kneecaps.

I sat down besides her on the floor & whispered

"Rebecca? Can you hear me?" I questioned.

I heard a quiet sigh coming from my left hand side. I whipped my head back around to see her rolling over to my side of the bed.

"Sweetie you up?" I asked in concern.

"Yes" She mumbled.

"Do you remember me?"

"You're my mom right?"

"Yes darling but how do you remember me?"

"Brandon told me the other day!"

"Oh okay so you know who I am"

"Yes you're my mom!" "Yes that's right, I am the woman that took care of you all your life,hugged you & made you feel better when you cried,threw you parties when you were little & helped you through things when they were tough" Rebecca nodded. All I could think of was if she leaves me it would be the last time I'd hear her cry,the last time I'd hear her breath,the last time I'd hear that cute little laugh of hers & the last mother,daughter moment ever!

I slammed my right hand on the hospital bed & broke down & cried.

I slowly wrapped my left hand around her's, I whispered

" I already lost your dad I can't lose you too, I'm not ready to live a lonely life, I love you"

Rebecca squeezed my hand as tight as possible & said mom "I know I don't know much about dad at the moment but I bet he was a great dad & I wish he was here to help me regain my memory"

A cold tear rolled down my cheek. She reached in & wiped it away using the corner of her hospital gown that she's been wearing ever since she was brought into that stupid E.R.

"Mom, I know this is a sad,strong topic but if you don't mind sharing the information of how my dad past away can you please tell me?"

I took a deep breath & started to tell her the sad,heartbreaking information.

"Your dad had liver cancer, the night he was admitted to the hospital they had to drain his abdomen because his liver was shutting down & the fluid was building up. They took about 3 litres of fluid from his abdomen. We all thought he was going to be able to recover from it & be able to get threw it but when I seen him in that hospital bed I knew it was the end, he died February 10th 2011 This is by far the hardest news I've ever had to go through!"

As I tilted my head down towards the white tiled floor I felt a tear land on the centre of my wrist. I lifted my head up to see Rebecca. Her eyes looked all torn up.

"Sweetie please don't leave me like he did" I said in a worried tone.

"Mom I know you want me to live but I obviously can't make any promises but I'll try not to give up on life!"

I leaned over the bed & grabbed her small hand. She had a beige bandage wrapped around her hand. It started at her palm & wrapped around then stopped at her knuckles.

I kissed her on the hand & said " Your story matters but so do you"

I always told her that her story matters but so do you because this was what my mom used to say to me when I was younger & then I continued the poem & began saying to Rebecca when she was younger.

I glanced back down at her. A small grin appeared across my face as she led back down.

----------------------------
Rebecca's POV

I let my head hit the fluffy white pillow below & after a little bit I drifted off into a deep sleep.

--------------------------------

I woke up in E.R again! There were 3 nurses surrounding me in white uniforms with a couple of blood stains on them.

There were 2 girls & 1 boy nurse. The girls all had their hair up in a neat bun, & for the man he juts had normal plain blonde flat hair.

The nurses tried to put an IV in my pale white arm. I pulled away from them. The two females pinned me down to the bed.

The two female nurses have one hand on each of my shoulders, pressing them down.

The male nurse not involved in pinning me down was getting ready to insert the IV.

I felt an electric shock going down my arm. It was the stupid painful IV. A minute later this awful pain was in my arm I yelled at the nurse to remove it because I could no longer handle the pain.

The nurse yelled back in a strict voice "No!"

Then I finally screamed to the top of my lungs "Ahhhhhhhhhh" Can you imagine that she refused!!!///end of chapter 10

I really liked this chapter because I'm very happy that Rebecca's mom got introduce herself & her personality.
"Why is she in E.R? Is it real or fake? Who knows?! Stay tuned for chapter 11
to find out what happens next!!!

Comment thoughts!!!