I

-Ladybug's pov-

I ran. As fast as I could. Swinging my yo-yo at random poles on top of roofs of houses to get better angles and go even faster than I thought possible. Running this long always hurt me like hell, but it was always never enough to catch up to that damn Chat Noir.

Chat Noir, the sound of his name made my head burn with frustration, and my hands ball into fists. I swear I would kill him if I could. I heard a beep from my Miraculous. I'm down to two left. It was like this everyday. After I got home from a miserable day of embarrassing myself in front of my crush, Adrien, I have to come in the depths of the night of Paris to chase this fool around rooftops and the dirty streets for the city.

No one even knows who I am under the mask. Outside of it, I am Ladybug. Fearless, determined, and always concentrated on the task at hand. But under, I was but only Marinette, a nervous, shy, and a starstruck teenage girl with massive boy problems.

"How long are you going to keep running after me until you finally decide to run with me, my lady?" Chat yelled behind him while he kept running away from me. He had just stolen yet another random painting in the museum and completely ran off with it. Who knows what he does with them? All I know is that I need to get it from him before the sunrise. My feet feel heavy, and feel like they can fall apart. Every time he makes a stupid comment it makes me even madder, and makes me forget my physical pain.

"I am not, nor will I ever be your lady, Chat Noir!" I yelled as he just suddenly stopped at the end of a house rooftop. I was still running after him with all of my energy I had left. I heard my Miraculous beep yet again. Only one left; I had to leave. But he always made teasing conclusions to our chase every night, and I knew this was the end.

"You're under arrest, you overgrown feline!" I yelled as I threw the yo-yo in attempt to circle around his body.

He jumped up; he saluted me with his middle and index fingers. "Until the next day, my lady," and completly vanished down into the alley way below him, no where to be seen.

"Farewell," I was slightly panting, I tried to stop, "You damn kitty cat," I muttered. I grabbed my yo-yo from the random piler it got stuck to instead of my target. Luckily, I was close to my parents bakery. They honestly didn't care about where I went, as long as I was home before midnight. What they request rarely happens anymore.

I've learned that using Lucky Charm is almost useless every time I try it against him, so I don't use it. It gives Tikki, my Miraculous, more energy, which means I get more time. Which means I get more of a chance. I got down quickly, deep inside of a deserted alleyway, and transformed back into my natural form, Marinette. Tikki immediately fell into my hands. I put her in my purse that was hanging from my shoulder.

I knew that it was never Tikki's fault we couldn't catch Chat Noir. We just weren't good enough to match up to him. The blond feline is always just too sneaky, so he always gets away at the last second. I walked into the bakery quietly, grabbing a cookie from one of the platters to give to Tikki later, and walked upstairs the quietist I could. I was almost positively sure that my parents were asleep. They were kind and gentle people, but they were also clueless people.

I snuck into my bedroom and quickly shut the door, letting Tikki fly out of my purse then throwing it on my bed. I fell into my desk chair and spinned all the way to my computer. I opened it to my desktop wallpaper, and also my Adrien shrine. I stared at every one of his perfect pictures.

"At least you'll never be as annoying as him," I said to my computer background, leaning my head in my hands.

-Chat Noir's pov-

She never agreed to join me.

Every time I asked, it was always a stern and heartbreaking no. I ask every night, and somewhere inside me, I think she wants to say yes.

She charged at me with a determined and confident look in her sparkly blue eyes, but her heart knew she could never catch me no matter how hard she tried.

"You're under arrest, you overgrown feline!" She said. I saw her hands start to unravel from a fist and spring out her yo-yo. That was my que.

"Until the next day, my lady," I said as I jumped off the building. I landed on a small ledge that lead to someone's apartment, and snuck in through the window. I only steal for show, and the beautiful glory of stealing. I never actually use the stuff I take. I don't keep it for it's use, I don't sell it, I just... take it.

I looked out of the window slowly. I saw her looking into the dark alley. I was way underneath the ledge. She couldn't see me. I saw her sigh and mutter something under her breath. She is priceless.

After I knew she was gone, I jumped out of the window onto the ground floor. The alley I landed in was pitch black. My Miraculous beeped. I only had three more left. My Miraculous and I train to have longer time, and it has been working, by piling Plagg with natural cheese and having me run on the treadmill for hours.

Suddenly, I heard the sounds of footsteps running on the empty street with no sound. I saw Marinette, look around slowly. I ducked behind a trash can, and she never saw me. She walked into her parents' bakery and I saw her slowly shut the door. I looked at my watch. It was almost an hour past midnight, so why would my nerdy fangirl get back home alone at midnight?

I guess I'll have to investigate.