"That's idiotic. There's a better way to fall, but I'm not about to break my legs."

"So you'd rather die than not be able to walk?" His logic never makes sense to me.

"Precisely. I'd rather die than become immobile." What a little ungrateful piece of shit. Why do I even like him? Honestly, I hate him.

"We'll hit the ground any second now. Here." He grabs me and holds be close. He places his hand on my head and brings my head up to his chest. I immediately become super flustered and unable to stop the blush creeping across my face.

"What are you doing!?" I shout in a panic by his sudden actions. Now is not the time to be making a move on me, but I have no problem with the moves he's making.

"Karmin, promise me something."

"Hm?"

"If I need you to, will you become a dark witch?" How am I supposed to respond to that? I would never forgive myself if I became a dark witch. I could never become a light witch again if I do! Of course, I could never become a dark witch for his sake!

"Of course, I will! Anything for you, Alex!" Contradictions...

He chuckles slightly, "You're so selfless."

After he states that, I realize what he's doing. Is he actually wanting me to become a dark witch when we fall? Is he planning on actually dying right now?

Everything that was just tiny specks in the sky moments ago suddenly begins to enlarge telling us that we have become closer to the ground. We seemed to be falling where we were before, in the castle of the Queen Who Cried for an Eternity. I need to think fast and find a way to keep us both safe. I don't understand how Alex can be completely fine with death and dependent on me to bring him back even after I told him I couldn't. False confidence maybe?

An idea struck me too late in the falling process. Could I try to manipulate the impact of us on the ground so no one gets hurt? Could I try manipulating something? I stretch my arm out and a purple aura forms around my hand, but I was too slow. The moment I try to cast the spell, we hit the roof of the castle and through it onto the castle ground in the thrown room. I no longer feel Alex's hand keeping my head on his chest. I sit up and look at Alex with my eyes wide. I could feel my body quivering with emotion that I couldn't pick out perfectly, was I sad or scared? I look down at my hand in horror, I was too slow. I felt like Spider Man in that moment, being too slow save Alex.

"A-Alex?" My voice cracked as I spoke. Why did he do that? Why was I too slow? "A-Alex... please, please tell me you're joking with me right now?" Alex never seemed like the type to joke around, he was always serious.

I grab his hand that was once holding my head and check his wrist for a pulse. None. I check his neck for a pulse and get the same result. I begin to feel tears develop in my eyes and fall down my cheek, "You idiot!" I shout as I feel my eyes are blurred with tears, "Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" I shout as I feel myself begin to lightly pound on his chest, "Why? Are you an idiot!? What satisfaction do you get from saving me? My life isn't even important! That was completely worthless! Your life is so important! You're fucking royalty! You have so much ahead of you! You're going to become king again, marry a woman who is beautiful and is in the same social class as you, you're going to have such an amazing life and I'm not even going to be a part of it! Why did you do something so stupid when you know I can't do anything!?" I stop pounding on his chest and bow my head down in disappointment with myself as the tears fall on top his limp body.

What was he expecting me to do? I can't just instantly become a dark witch! I have to practice the magic and learn the spell and it'll be too late to save him if I have to do all that. If this were a fairytale, I could just kiss him of the lips and everything would be all right. Even if this was a fairytale, kissing him on the lips wouldn't work. He needs to be kissed by his true love in those, and I could never be his true love no matter how much I wish.