3.9 • Jealous

"I'll look back on this and smile, because it was life and I decided to live it" - Unknown

- - - -

Meghan's POV 

Charlie had his arms wrapped tight around my waist, pulling my back towards his chest. I was wearing just my panties and his t-shirt. He was shirtless, wearing a pair of sweat pants with his head burying itself into my neck as the TV played our favorite TV show, Chuck. I laughed when something funny happened and then Charlie sexily whispered in my ear, "I love your laugh." I squirmed a little and smirked, but just settled on snuggling further into him. I grabbed my iPhone and took a picture of Charlie's strong arms holding me close. I didn't show our faces or anything that could give anything away as we were still a secret. I captioned it, 'Snuggle days with bae' and put it on my snapchat story. This will be all over Instagram soon enough. I closed my eyes, content with Charlie behind me. 

"I love you," I muttered. 

"I love you too," he whispered, sounding relaxed. My iPhone rang from the coffee table and I groaned. I need to actually reach for my phone, I checked the caller ID. Chico. I grinned and answered. 

 "Chico!" I exclaimed, "It's been too long!" 

"It has," he agreed, "Way too long. Listen, I called because I'm in LA right now, wanna meet up for coffee?" 

"Yes!" I squealed happily. I hadn't seen Francisco in ages and I was quite looking forward to it. Me and Francisco were good friends, we met a long time ago when I was on vacation in Brazil, he was doing photo shoot, he is a model after all. Then we became close friends, but slowly drifted apart due to distance. Still though, I would consider him to be close as I could tell him almost anything. Almost. "So, when? Where?"

"How about you give me your address and I'll pick you up tomorrow at 1, we could go to lunch if you'd like," he offered, his accent coming through heavily. 

"Ooh, food. Yes. I always say yes to food," I chuckled and he laughed. 

"That is very true. See you tomorrow darl, love you!" 

"Love you too!" I responded, doing a kissy sound and hanging up. It's nice to talk with him again, I did really miss him. He's like my only guy friend, and I haven't spoken to him in person in at least a year. Charlie shifted behind me. 

"Who was that?" He asked me, his tone flat and emotionless, yet with a slight hint of anger. 

"That was Francisco," I stated, "Francisco Lachowski." 

"Who is he to you, Meg?" 

"Probably my best guy friend, he's a model, I met him in Brazil a few years ago," I explained, Charlie tensed at the word 'model'. "Babe, are you jealous?" I questioned, turning in his arms. 

"No," he mumbled, but I knew he was lying. 

"Hmm, if you say so," I shrugged, pulling him closer to me. "I love you," I mumbled into his chest, slowly falling asleep. And for the first time ever, he didn't say 'I love you too'. The next morning rolled around, my sleep was dreamless and morning came quickly. My eyes flickered open to discover Charlie wasn't there. I wasn't wrapped in his warm, strong arms. Instead I lay alone on my beige couch. "Char?" I called, wanting it to be louder than it actually was. My morning voice was hoarse and slightly raspy. God, I need a drink. I padded into the kitchen and saw Charlie making pancakes. I put down my recently acquired glass of water and snaked my arms around his waist, resting my head on his bare back. "Morning," I whispered happily.