3.4 • Insane

"There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who wouldn't jump puddles for you" -Unknown

- - - -

I sat in the studio with Charlie. We made jokes and laughed them off. Here it was, our deal. He helps me with album number two, and I help him with his debut album. Publicity, etc. Just. Friends. Let's tour, make out, post things on Instagram. Let's pretend to be the best of friends, on the verge of a relationship friends, and then say goodbye when the music's released. I think that somewhere along the line we actually did become the best of friends, on the verge of a relationship friends. But that's just it. We're friends. I was recording my newest song, about Charlie, funnily enough. Huh, that's gonna be fun to promote on Instagram and Twitter. 

"Is it about Charlie?!" 

Yes. Yes, I'd think as I wrote the reply, "Nah, it's not but I love you"
At least the last part wouldn't be a lie. 

Charlie stepped into the recording booth, a grin with a hint of a smirk plastering his features, making his auburn/green eyes shimmer. I blushed and smiled back at him as he pulled on his headphones. His eyes closed and his face scrunched up in that adorable way it always did as he sung sweet melodies into the microphone. I saw the producer shake his head with a look of pure hatred for Charlie in his eyes. This is why I hate working with new producers, especially ones that are little cunts. I'm sorry, but, this motherfucker wouldn't be making any money if we weren't musically talented. Seriously. "You messed it up again, Puth! Step up your game man!" he shouted at Char, still shaking his head. I rolled my eyes and gave Charlie a thumbs up. 

"You're doing great, just try again," I mouthed to him. 

"Thanks, Meg, Megs," he mouthed back. I smiled with a hint of a blush and sat back on the comfortable red couch. I sighed watching Charlie as he messed up the same note time and time again. And when he got past that note, he got stuck on another. This wasn't- isn't Charlie, not the Charlie I know anyway. What the hell is going on here? I pulled myself up from my cozy spot on the couch and grabbed Charlie's shirt, dragging him out of the recording room before the producer with the attitude of a toad could speak another word to Charlie.

"What the hell is going on in there, Charlie?!" I whisper-shouted. 

"I- I don't really know," he mumbled. 

"Charlie," I spoke a little softer, "What's on your mind?" I asked him, placing a gentle, soothing hand on his upper arm. "C'mon, you can tell me anything," I reminded him, "You know that."

"Meg, I'll... I'll tell you later okay? Promise. Swear down on your life that by midnight I'll have told you," he smiled. 

"What if you don't care about me enough?" I teased, raising my eyebrows with a playful smirk. He brought his soft hand to my pink-tinged cheek. 

"Now you know that's not true," he whispered with a smile playing his lips. He grinned at me one last time before disappearing through the matte-gray door to the recording booth. I wandered back into the producers room, resuming my seat on the bright red, comfortable couch. I watched with a grin as Charlie nailed every note in the song until the end. He looked at me, a sly smile painting his lips. 

"Finally," the producer uttered with a huff. I rolled my eyes. I was just about ready to blow. So instead of saying bye with a hug and the promise of a call later on in the day like I would with Kev, I just opened the door, stepped through it then let it slam behind me. Stupid son of a bitch. 

"Charlie!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a warm embrace. The moment lingered and I breathed in his scent before pulling away from him. "You did great in there!" I smiled. 

"Thanks Meg," he replied, a ghost of a smile playing his lips. I blushed and shuffled my feet. 

"No problem," I gushed. Comfortable silence fell between us, "So... my place?" I offered. He nodded with a grateful smile. 

"Let's go." 

We pulled into my driveway, him driving my glossy white range rover. The engine silenced and me and Charlie stayed in the car for a few moments longer, savoring our time together. "Inside?" I questioned, turning my head to face his. He nodded and opened his door, stepping out. Just as I was about to pull at the handle for my door, it swung open, revealing a grinning Charlie. "Why thank you good sir," I joked, getting out. 

"No problem, m'lady," he chuckled after me, shutting the door, locking up the car and handing me the keys. He placed his hand on my lower back as we walked to the front door. We opened the door and stepped inside, finally escaping from the crisp, cold winter air at midday. The sun was shining, but it was deceivingly cold. Oh, how I love Los Angeles in the Winter. I placed down my keys and sunglasses and pulled Char into the living area, where the TV was playing with friends, Joey and Phoebe arguing about something or another. 

"Hey JoJo, hey Ry," I greeted, seeing them conversing. 

"Hey Meg," JoJo smiled, nudging Ryan beside her. 

"What?" he asked JoJo, hurt, "Oh, hey Meg, Charlie." 

"Hi guys," Charlie waved. Me and Charlie sat on the opposite side of the beige couch to Ryan, JoJo and Biggie. Both of us having our own separate conversations. Me and Charlie made idle small talk for a little while. 

"What was up before then Puth, spill," I demanded. 

"Meghan, I..." He bit his bottom lip, which turned me on insanely. I smiled at him, silently urging him to go on. He glanced over at my brother and PA, then back at me. "Not here," he said finally, grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room. He didn't stop until we sat at the patio outside of my house. 

"So what's this about?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest with sass. 

"Umm.... There's this girl and she just... She makes my heart skip a beat every time I see her. And she's so stunningly beautiful that she literally takes my breath away every day. She looks at me and smiles and I just.. I can't get her out of my head. She's always there and she affects every decision I make, but.. I.. Just.. I feel so strongly about her. I can't live without her but I can't seem to live with her either. I need her, but we're friends, and I don't want to ruin that.. I.. Oh god... I think I'm in love with her." He stuttered and stumbled over his words, his eyes brimmed with unshed tears and his cheeks were burning red. I smiled sympathetically. All this over a girl

A girl that's not me.

That doesn't matter, I reprehended myself. It. Doesn't. Matter. "Just be honest with her, Charlie!" I giggled quietly, "The girl would have to be out of her mind if she doesn't like you! You're the most lovable guy I've ever met," I pinched his cheeks jokily, he squirmed, "IF she says no, and that's a big ass if, tell me who she is and I'll beat her up for you." He chuckled at me with a slight smirk, "I'm serious!" I defended. 

"Oh, I know," He grinned. 

"You're a dick," I rolled my eyes at him and he just broadened his smirk and heightened the mischievous glint in his dreamy eyes. 

"Meghan Trainor," he began, lacing together our fingers and pressing his forehead against mine. We were so close. Uncontrollable butterflies exploded in my stomach. "What would you say if I told you that I was completely, head over heels in love with you?" he asked me. 

"I'd say you were completely insane." I replied. 

"I love you, Meghan Trainor," he smiled at me, closing the small distance between our lips and joining them in a sweet, meaningful, long kiss. 

Yes, he is completely and utterly insane. But, I love it. 

A/N: Ayyyyyy! I'm so mad at Charlie! If y'all don't know he unfollowed Meg on Instagram, but, I think it was just publicity or they've fallen out. NOTHING WILL STOP MY LOVE FOR MARLIE!! Hehe. Comment whatcha thought!

Stay Strong lovelies,

-Faye xx