Chapter Three: Date Night

°Jin°
"And so that's what caused this all." I say. "This is why they are going on a date."
Ross smiles, but Barney just doesn't talk.
"Barney, you okay?" Ross asks.
"She's taking him from us." He says. He starts crying and then leaves and slams the door.
I follow him out and go hug him.
"Barney, if a throng Alesa's bringing him back." I say. "Remember our old Sky? He showed all emotions and didn't treat us like trash. She's saving him."
Ross comes out too.
"This is a good thing, Barney." He says.
"I just don't know." Barney says. "I just don't want her to break his heart again. One more heart break, and he'll be at his breaking point. He's already to hurt."
"But how do we know if we don't try?" Ross says.
"Yeah Barney." I say. "Let's just see how this goes. It can't go that bad."
"You guys are right." He says wiping his tears. "I'm just scared."
"It'll go okay Barney." Ross says. "You'll see."
°Alesa°
I walk up to the location he told me to meet him. This beautiful tree by the lake. The lake is huge! So big, that you can't see the other side. And that tree he sent me too, looks pretty small the way I'm seeing it as I walk there. It has beaches that are nearly touching the ground. This tree looks like one I would've climbed up as I kid.
To bad that I'm not a kid anymore.
Well, for this date, I chose to not go all out. I just wore something I spawned here with. It's looks almost like what Sky wears. Except my shoulders show, it has boots, the pants are short, and my amulet is pink. I've always wondered what those amulets were for. I just don't know.
"Just focus Sky." I hear him whisper as I walk up to him. "It's just a girl. Just the opposite gender. That means nothing. How hard can this be."
"Hey Sky." I say. He jumps up and turns around to see me.
"Woah." He says, staring at me. "Alesa you look... Amazing!"
"Thanks." I say. "You look amazing too."
"Oh this!" He says. "I wear this all the time! I'm nothing compared to how you look tonight." I blush after he says that. He's probably the most caring person I've had in my life.
"Thanks." I say, smiling.
"You're welcome." He says smiling back. "Now, shall we go?" I laugh at how fancy and well mannered he sounded just then.
"Since when do you have manners?" I ask.
"Since when do cats bark?" He replies.
"Cats... Don't bark." I say. That's probably the corniest thing he's tried to pass a joke so far.
"Nope, they don't!" He says waiting for a laugh. I try and fake laugh, but it just doesn't work. "Sorry. I'm just so nervous."
Him? Nervous? He doesn't know the half of it. I thought a date with the leader of this thing meant impressing him as well as I could. I kept practicing in front of the mirror to not be the awkward one. He has no idea. But he doesn't feel comfortable. And that could be really bad on a date. Imagine that. Being with someone for at least an hour and not being fully comfortable.
"Hey, don't be nervous." I say. "It's just like best friends hanging out. Come up best friend, take me where you wanted to hang out."
"Okay," he says smiling at me. "I will, best friend."
•~•~•~•
I sit on the top of the tiny tree with Sky. He stares of into the water. I can tell he has no idea what to say. I decide that I'll break the silence.
"So," I begin. "What is this forest that were in?"
"I was told that this is where the pair of past leaders had their first date." Sky says. "They got along perfectly, and were a perfect pair. Everything seemed to workout for them. I think it's just good luck... But then at the same time it's not."
"Aw, I bet they were so happy." I say. "If only death separated them, they were an amazing couple." I look out into the water. "What was the cause of their death? And did it still keep them together forever?"
"Well-" I hear Sky get choked up. "At least now their together again..." I look over to see him crying.
Great job, Alesa. You some how managed to make the rock hard leader cry. Great.
"They would still be together now..." He says through sobs. "I know it. But I ruined everything."
"Sky." I lean in closer and hug him. "It's okay. I'm sure it wasn't your fault."
"But it was!" He says. "It's was all my fault."
"Sky, no it wasn't." I tell him. He wipes his tears and looks at me in the eyes. He's smiles a little, but he still looks sad. Whatever he thinks he did to this couple must've been bad. But I'm very sure he did nothing and he's just being sweet and taking blame.
"The ladies name was Skylar, and the mans name was Skye." He begins. "They were so happy, Alesa. It was great. So great, that they decided they should have a baby. They had a little baby boy and named him Adam. Skye was overjoyed at his new son! He was so happy that Adam was there. He loved Adam so much in that moment. But that real love was quickly changed when he realized what was happening to Skylar. She was dying. He was losing the love of his life just because of their son. After she died, Skye felt stuck with Adam. He's tried to raise Adam like an actual caring father, but he couldn't. He was heart broken. Then Adam found love with some girl, so Skye felt like his job was done. So after 20 years of pain raising the son who killed his love, he took his own life. But just as Adam found out, his heart was broken because he had just broken up with his girlfriend. Then he found out his father was dead. Adam then went emotionless. Treated all his friends like crap. He couldn't feel. His heart was broken. He felt like he would lose anyone he loved. Like if it was a dark cloud that floated above him. And it does to this day. But that changed when he saw one girl. He loved her immediately. He didn't know why, but one look just brought his emotions back. He was confused, but then he realized that maybe that's because she was the one. Just maybe."
"Wow." I say. "That's so sad. Have you ever told anyone this story?"
"No, you're the first." He says.
"That ending was sweet." I say. "You made that girl sound amazing."
"And she is." He says smiling at me.
"Really?" I say smiling back.
"Yeah, you're amazing!" He says. "And your personality is wonderful. I don't even know why someone like you would like a guy like me."
"That's because you're different." I tell him. "You stick out from the other guys. Everything about you. But most of all, you actually care about me. I really love that. You actually do care."
"And I love everything about you." Sky says smiling. I giggle a little bit, just from happiness I can't contain. "And that laugh. That's wonderful too."
"Sky, stop it!" I say. "I'm gonna be completely red if you keep saying things like this."
"I'm just telling you the truth." He says. I laugh.
"Then I love the truth." I say.
"I love you." He says laughing.
"Wait," I pop into sudden realization. "This makes your actual name Adam?"
"Yeah... But I'm not to fond of it." He says.
"Well I love it!" I say. "I think it's a great name."
After that, it goes silent. But I can't control my smiling. Or occasional giggles. I'm just so happy. No ones ever cared about me this much in my life.
"Look at how pretty the reflection of the moon is on the lake." He says pointing.
"It's nice to have this view." I say, staring straight at him.
"It's nice." He says. Then he turns to see me and realizes what I meant by its nice to have this view. He smiles at me and laughs.
"Your different from the others." I say. "Your story is different too. It needs to be known. Maybe without that story being secret, you could be happy as Adam and not trapped as Sky."
"I guess so." He says.
"So, who am I looking at right now?" I ask. "Adam or Sky?"
"Adam." He says smiling.
"Well, I love Adam." I tell him. We both smile at each other and lean in for a kiss. I feel myself getting closer to him. He had his hands on my waist, and I can feel sparks of electricity running through me. This is great.
But then, I feel pulled away from him by a slimy tentacle. I open my eyes to see Adam filled with fear and I giant squid grabbing me.
"Alesa!" He screams. He tries to jump on top of the squid, but he fails and gets moved to the bottom of the tree.
"Adam!" I scream.
And the has him held down on the ground, and he has me up high in the air. All that joy just turned into fear so quickly. And then, after all I've heard about what the squids do, he might not find me ever again.
Or at least not as the same girl.