This looks harder than I imagined. I saw an older man easily throw the ball at the bottles, but was the distance always this far?

I notice Akaashi staring at me worryingly and I shake my head. "Don't worry Kei-kun, I got this," I reassure him.

I take in a deep breath and throw the ball, but it barely reaches the other end.

"Hahaha, that was just a warm up," I stretch my arm and get the next ball. I swing the next ball as hard as I can and some of the bottles knock over.

I pump my fist. I'm super lucky!

I take the last ball and hand it over to Akaashi. "Try it Kei-kun."

Akaashi stares at the ball perplexed. "I'm not sure..."

"You can do it!" I cheer. "I believe in you."

Akaashi takes the ball and tries to throw it. The ball falls straight to the ground.

Akaashi stares at the fallen ball stupefied. I sweatdrop and the man at the booth looks at him with pity.

The man clears his throat. "Well, you kids at least got some of the bottles knocked over, so here's your consolation prize."

The two of us head out of the booth and I can see the dejected look on Akaashi's face for not being able to hit a single bottle.

"Kei-kun, look at the fish we got," I tell him as I hold the bag with water and fish in it in front of his face.

The consolation prize was two small fishes in a bag. Not a plushie, but it's still a pretty good prize.

Keiji nods his head. "Good job," he says with a sad look on his face.

I purse my lips. "Don't worry if you didn't do good. I didn't do good on my first one. Next year we'll come back and when we do, you can knock all of them down for me," I tell him and grin. "Besides, it's okay to mess up the first time. You can learn from it and try again with everything you've got."

A small smile forms on Akaashi's face. "Thanks Haruka."

"No problem!" I grin and almost trip from the crowd of people walking around the festival.

Akaashi takes my hand. "Let's hold hands so you don't get lost."

"S-sure!" I take Akaashi's hand. "You know, you're the first boy to hold my hand."

"Really?" Akaashi asks, completely surprised.

"Yep. I haven't held hands with anyone really. Most of my classmates get scared to be near me because I might explode in anger. People say I'm like a volcano because they never know when I'll erupt," I explain.

"Pfft, I can imagine that," Akaashi laughs.

"Hahaha. Very funny Kei-kun," I sarcastically comment.

"But that's what I like about you," Akaashi turns to me with a gentle, loving smile. "Besides, I'm glad that I can be the one to hold hands with you like this."

My eyes widen and I slightly blush. "Of course, we're best friends after all."

The rest of the night was exciting. The two of us went out to find more games to play, put on silly masks, ate tons of food together, and did just about everything you could do in a festival.

"Fireworks in five minutes!" The announcer calls out.

"Come on Kei-kun, we should watch the fireworks from over here," I lead Akaashi over to the forest.

"Haruka... We shouldn't be here. It's not safe..." Akaashi warns me as he pulls my shirt.

I pull away from him and walk ahead. "Don't worry! It's safe! We've been practicing volleyball here all the time!" I grin.