A quiet and shy kid? How am I supposed to get along with him? He's the complete opposite of me.

I clear my throat. "You're going to be in the volleyball camp too, right? Do you know how to play volleyball?" I ask.

"I do..." he answers and the tip of my lips turn up.

At least we have one thing in common. Volleyball!

"Great! Then let's play together," I smile.

After my grandma leaves us, Akaashi and I find a nearby playground to play volleyball. We set up a mini net to practice together.

I take a volleyball out of my duffel bag. "So what's your position in volleyball? Are you a spiker, setter, or libero?" I ask.

"A setter," he answers.

"Nice!" I toss him the volleyball. "I'm a spiker. Set the volleyball to me," I grin.

I take in a deep breath. He tosses the volleyball at the perfect angle for me.

I excitedly jump up and smoothly spike the volleyball down. "Yes!" I happily turn to Akaashi. "What do you think? That was good, wasn't it?!"

Akaashi's eyes shine in complete awe. "Amazing..." he mumbles. "A star..."

"Huh? Star?" I awkwardly scratch the back of my neck. "Well, I always want to be a top volleyball player, so I guess."

Akaashi laughs and I slightly blush. "Anyways, let's keep practicing. You're a good practice partner to have."

After that day, I got to know Akaashi much more. We got along more, and even if we didn't carry much of a conversation together, we would always hang out to play volleyball.

"Why are you a setter? You could've been a spiker just like me," I ask him out of curiosity as we walk to the volleyball camp together.

"... Because I want you to shine brighter," Akaashi answers.

"Huh? Shine?" I tilt my head confused. "Can you repeat that?" I ask.

I don't understand what he's saying again. 

"It's nothing..." Akaashi tells me.

"Fine, if you say so," I huff and take his hand. "I don't want to be late for the volleyball camp, let's go!" I grin.

"Okay," Akaashi takes my hand and a small smile forms on his face.

Going to the volleyball camp everyday with Akaashi was fun. The two of us would always be on the same team and together, we were known as the best duo there.

I sit down on the couch next to my grandma who's reading a book. "So how's the volleyball camp going?" she asks.

"It's good, I'm enjoying it. Especially when I'm teamed up with Akaashi! We always win when we're on the same team," I grin.

"I'm glad you're getting along with him," My grandma smiles. "Akaashi is a sweet boy but he has a hard time expressing himself. Because of that, he doesn't have many friends, but I'm happy to see my granddaughter being friends with him."

"Well, I don't know about friends... I mean, he's nice to be around when I need to practice volleyball with someone..." I awkwardly answer.

"Really? I think you two get along quite swimmingly," My grandma smiles all knowingly. "Two peas in a pod."

"Sure..." I sweatdrop.

I didn't really think about how I got along with Akaashi, yet I realized that grandma was right. Before I knew it, he and I began to hang out all the time even when it wasn't to play volleyball together.