"No, you had the right not to," I explain. "With everything that happened, you didn't want Haruka to remember those painful memories. I don't want that either."

"That's right, but I should have accepted you two from the beginning because I'm your mother. That's why when it comes to the time Haruka remembers everything, rather than removing yourself from her life like you told us..." Haruka's mom embraces me. "... Be there for her and support her. I want the two of you to be happy."

My eyes widen and I slowly wrap my hands around her. "Thank you."

Haruka's mother smiles and pats me on the head. "Now go to volleyball practice Keiji. You're pretty good at it compared to when you were a kid."

"I hope so. I've been practicing a lot ever since then," I laugh and the tips of her lips turn up.

"I'm glad," Haruka's mother smiles. "Compared to my straightforward daughter, I can never know what you're thinking. But that day when you plead to date Haruka, I realized that it was the first time I saw you truly express how you felt rather than keeping it to yourself. Keiji, it's not bad to open up to others. Everyone that's around you cares for you, don't try keeping everything bottled up."

"... I'll try," I tell her with a small smile. I glance over the garbage bag next to her. "I'm going to go to volleyball practice, let me take out the trash when I head out."

"You're such a gentleman compared to Haruka," Haruka's mom praises. "Having you as a son is a blessing."

"Thanks," I chuckle.

I eat my breakfast and head out. "I'm going to go... Bye mom," I wave and Haruka's mom's eyes widen.

"Keiji... You've definitely changed compared to the first time that I met you as a child," Haruka's mother mumbles as she watches me go. "It must be thanks to Haruka and your friends that you have opened up more and grown to be the man you are today," she smiles.

(Fukurodani Academy)

I head into the gym and before I go in, Bokuto bursts out slamming the door at me.

"Huh, what was that?" Bokuto looks outside and freaks out when he sees me glaring at him. "AKAASHI!"

A vein pops on my head. "Bokuto-san, please open the door slowly the next time you go out," I advise and he shrinks seeing my rage.

"O-okay," he answers and I sigh.

"What are you doing by the way? Aren't we going to practice?" I ask, and Bokuto shakes his head.

"Nope! I decided as captain that we are going on a field trip today!" Bokuto declares and I stare at him with a stupefied look on my face.

"A field trip?" I repeat. "To where?"

Does he mean to go to another school and watch them play?

"A cafe!" Bokuto answers and I stare at him with a deadpan look.

I shouldn't be surprised... It's Bokuto after all.

"What does everyone else think?" I question and glance over to the team behind Bokuto.

"The maids~" Konoha and Komi fantasize.

"Food~!" Yukie says.

I glance at the rest of the team and they avoid eye contact with me.

I sweatdrop. They probably just want to avoid practice.

"Of course Coach asked me to ask you for permission first, but..." Bokuto wraps his arm around my neck. "Knowing you, you'll definitely be fine with it, right Akaashi?!"