#33-- The Meeting. ✔

Ashna's POV

The music was blasting from the speakers and booming throughout my house.

John Legend's You and I, one of my favorites.

I was in my own heaven waiting for them to come. I'm waiting for them over an hour now. Where could they be?

The doorbell rang.

Immediately I rushed to the door. "Who is this?" I asked in the intercom.

"It's us." They said.

I opened the door and they strolled inside, walking further and plopping down on the couch.

"Ashu, where are those candies?" Annie asked.

She looked here and there and her eyes fell on the candy jar that was placed in the middle of the dining table. She hopped like a kangaroo and went towards the table and grabbed two fistfuls of candies.

"Mad woman!" Parth uttered.

"I heard that." Annie yelled and plopped candies in her mouth.

"God! She has ears like a bat." Parth muttered more softly now.

"Parth!" Annie yelled and threw a candy at him. The candy hit his head. I chuckled at the scene. They bickered back and forth like a married couple.

"So why did you call us?" Parth asked me while he sheilded himself with a cusion from the storming candies coming from Annie.

"Hey! Don't waste my candies." I told Annie. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Who?" They asked.

"My step sister."

---------

We were still waiting for Roy and her to come.

Calling and thinking her to be my step sister still gives a weird feeling inside me. She was my bully in school, she made my life a living hell and yet after that she didn't stay away from me. Her mother ruined my mother's life. They ruined my family.

I don't know what changed but she genuinely was sorry for what she did. Yes, I forgave her but I can't forget whatever she did to me. I'm not that good of a person.

When I told Parth and Annie that they will meet my step sister, they were shocked. No one. I mean no one knew about my family's past.

By the look on Parth's face I'm sure he also didn't know about this. My security has done a good job hiding my history.

While I was lost in my thoughts, someone came from behind and snaked his hand around my stomach and sniffed my hair. His warmth spread through my body.

This feels so good....

Oh wait!

I was suppose to be angry at him.

I removed his hands from my stomach and moved out of his embrace. But that was so comforting... my inner voice whined.

"Sweetie..." Roy said but trailed off.

"Hmm?"

"Come back to me." He ordered. I walked further into the kitchen, away from him.

I ignored him.

"Are you sad?" He asked.

"No."

"Are you upset?"

"They both are same thing."

"Okay. Are you angry at something?"

"No."