#14-- Light. ✔

(This is how it ends, i feel the chemicals burn in my... bloodstream. Fading out again, i feel the chemicals burn in my... bloodstream. Tell me when it kicks in......-- Bloodstream- Ed Sheeran & Rudimental)
I'm officially obssessed with this song and the lyrics are appropriate for the ending of this chapter. This is just the beginning. *winks* *winks*)

--------

Roy's P.O.V.

It's very clear that what I am thinking or what I was thinking, is right.

Should I be angry or should I be happy? I don't know. Why did she not tell me before? Why did give me the job? What was she thinking? Did she give me the job to make a fool out of me? But why would she keep away her identity from me?

Ashna and Ashu are the same person. Stupid me! Even the names are sounding similar. How can I not see that? If she is Ashu then she is not the previous Ashu at all. Both of their personalities are so different. Both of them are totally different. This proves how ignorant I am and have always been.

Fuck!

"What are you thinking?" Ashna asked, she was busy licking on her ice-cream from the cone.

She looks adorable just like a kid.

"Nothing." I said. "It's still half-n-hour to go before the doctors come out of the operation theatre."

"Yes." Ashna looked at me. "How long were you standing there?" She asked in a soft voice.

"Quite long." I shrugged, remembering what she said.

"Did you hear us talking?"

"I did."

"W-what did you hear?"

I sighed heavily. "I heard what you said. I'll talk to you about it when we get back to India tomorrow." I looked at her eyes intensely. "And I want to hear the truth."

With that I walked away.

--------

Ashna's P.O.V.

I know what Roy wants to talk about but right this moment I can think of only one thing and that is my baby daughter will see me for the first time ever. 'Thrilled' would be the correct word to describe my happiness right now.

Would she recognize me? I doubt that. She didn't even know how I look like. Avery wasn't born blind as far as the doctors told me, it was an accident, an accident by some sort of light that affected her baby eyes in her infancy. Basically, she doesn't even remember anything that she saw in her babyhood. No one does.

It's time for her to see the light.

Roy and I, with the three eye-specialists and the surgeons were in Avery's hospital cabin. It was two hours later after the operation now, Dr. Harper- Avery's eye-specialist was opening the bandage from her eyes.

"Do not open your eyes, okay?" Dr. Harper told Avery and she nods her head.

Roy held my hand firmly because I was fidgeting with my fingers and my palms were sweating. This is a symptom of my nervousness and years back I used to have this when I was world's biggest social stigma.

"Don't be nervous." Roy squeezed my hand a little.

"I'm not nervous." I say and try to hide my nervousness.

"I know what are your reactions when you're nervous." He spoke with a blank face when I looked at him. He knows who I am or maybe he doubts. Whatever it is, the thing is why he is being so nice to me? As far as I know him, he would turn around and leave without a backward glance.