#23-- Memories. ✔

Ashna's POV.

(2:30 a.m.)

We spend our whole life making memories. Some are good memories and some are bad. It depends on us what we learn from those times, what we take in and what we leave out. Every memorable time is imprinted on our brains.

I feel like a lovesick teen sitting with a photograph, watching the red wind chime dancing in the wind and listening to Ed Sheeran singing.

I am not a lovesick teen but I'm a very stupid woman.

How can I ask him that without thinking? I know what his answer is, it's a clear and short 'NO'. Infact, it was written in his face. How can I be so stupid?

My phone rang for three times now and I didn't bother to see the callers name. Who will call me at this time? No one important. Maybe they are all prank calls.

The doorbell rang.

Who the hell is it? Who will come at this hour? Burglar??

A burglar won't ring your doorbell, Ashna. My subconscious snapped at me.

Right, so I've to go and open the door. For once I can be brave enough to face the goddamn person at the door at this hour. Yeah, I can do this.

I got up and headed downstairs to the living room. If the ringing stops then I'm going back to my room and sleeping.

Eventually, the doorbell stopped ringing. I turned back to head to my room. As I took three steps up the stairs, the doorbell rang again.

Ugh!

I rushed to the door and looked through the peephole, I could see the back of a person. Why is he not facing the door?

Before opening the door I spoke in the intercom. "Who is this?"

"Umm... it's me. I need to talk." He said, turning around to face the closed door so that i could see his face. Whoever he is, that is.

It's Roy.

My heart started beating wildly in my chest. All sorts of possibilities started running through my head. Why is he here at this time? Is something wrong? Or maybe he came to give the answer to my question.

Though I know what his answer will be but I still want to hear it coming from his mouth. I know it will hurt me but still I want to hear it. I sound like a crazy woman. But I want to confirm or maybe I want to... no, just hope that he will say yes.

"Ashna please open the door."

"Oh, yeah." I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost forgot that he is standing outside.

I opened the door and let him in. His hair was messy and shirt was crinkled. He was wearing the same clothes from evening.

"Are you okay?" Was the first question that came out from my mouth.

"Yeah... I came here to... " he rubbed his neck. "To talk."

"Okay..." he headed inside and walked straight up the stairs. If this was someone else then I would have told him to stay put because this is my house but this is Roy and I feel happy that he thinks that this is his place to walk in so freely.

"Go inside my room and I'll get you coffee." Wow! This is something new about me. I just said Roy to go to my room and no one enters my room except Avery.

"Your room?" He looks bewildered.

"Yeah. The one that's written hope." I smile and tell him.

I head to my kitchen to make coffee.