Everything Changes- Michelangelo

"Mikey, I think you dropped one." You laughed at your boyfriend as you heard him run ahead of you towards his bedroom. He raced up the steps, a stack of comic books in his arms.

You had promised him that you would let him read his comics to you if he would just pick them up from the living room area first. He had, quickly after that, gathered up his comic books and raced up the stairs, hollering at you to hurry up.

You had dissolved into laughter before you stood up and headed for the stairs yourself. Mikey was already at the top of the stairs waiting for you. You had heard the sound of a small stack of papers hitting the steps as you got up to the base of the stairs.

You sighed as you heard Mikey talking. He was in his room already and had not heard you. You sighed as you shook your head.

"Do you need something Y/N?" you heard Leo ask from behind you. You shook your head absently as you started up the steps.

"No, I know where it landed. I will just avoid that spot." You said over your shoulder as you started up the steps. You were just about there when you stepped on something that was not the cement that makes up the stairs. You let out a shriek as your foot flew out from under you and you fell down the stairs. The pain of hitting the steps was only stopped when you felt your head hit the edge of a step hard and everything went black.

Everyone had heard you scream and the sound of you crashing down the stairs and came running.

"Angel Cakes!" Mikey freaked out as he rushed down the stairs to where his brothers and father were standing already. Mikey tried to get to you to pick you up and hold you close, but Raph and Leo held him back.

"Don't move her!" Donnie exclaimed as he started feeling for any spinal injury. "If her spine is damaged you could do more damage to her body." He explained as he focused on the small body in front of him. He knew you had hit your head; he had been coming out of his lab when you screamed and saw the whole thing. He wasn't sure you would make it with the blow your head had taken.

You yawned as you woke up slowly. Your head hurt a bit, but other than that you felt like you had just had the best rest that you had in a long time. You sighed and then flinched at a yell from the other side of the room.

"MIKEY! She is waking up." You heard Donnie's voice yell as he rushed over towards you.

"Y/N" you heard Donnie murmur from right next to you. You felt a hand on the back of your head helping you to sit up.

"Angel Cakes!" you heard Mikey shout as he burst through the door and raced over to you. You could hear the tears in his voice. He had been crying.

"Mikey? Why are you crying? What happened?" You asked, confused that he seemed so upset, and why were you sleeping in Donnie's lab?

"Y/N, you fell down the stairs and hit your head on the way down. You have been out for two weeks. We didn't know if you were ever going to wake up." Donnie explained in a gentle voice as you felt Mikey hug you tight to him.

"Two weeks?!" You gasped; you opened your eye lids in surprise, but gasped and snapped them shut again. It couldn't be. Could it?

You pushed yourself back from Mikey and slowly opened your eyes again. Your breathing got choppy and you felt someone's hand holding you up. You turned your head and looked at the figure next to you.

"Donnie?" You gasped. His eyes widened with shock. You turned towards where the others were standing and just stared at them.

"I can see you." You whispered, shock setting in, making your voice calm and without emotion. Donnie went into action then. He grabbed a thick blanket and wrapped you in it.