Living Nightmare Rescue- Leonardo

You completely bypassed the ladder that led down to the sewers as you dropped your body down there. Hitting the cement under you painfully, you let another sob free from your lips as more tears ran down your face, stinging as they fell in the split in your lip made by your father's first blow that night.

Your parents had finally had enough and in an alcohol fueled rage, they had descended on you. They spent the next two hours beating you for being blind. They had finally thrown and locked you in your room, hoping you would die from your injuries or starvation, whichever came first.

You don't know how you managed to get all the way down the fire escape and down the nearest manhole, but you suddenly remembered the panic button on your watch. You cried in pain as you repeatedly pressed the button on your special watch. Your head started to catch up with you and your head started throbbing and you lost all of your other senses as you slipped into unconsciousness.

You couldn't have been out for more than a few minutes because when you came to you could feel you were still on the floor of the sewers and you were alone.

A couple seconds later and you could hear running footsteps coming towards you. Only one pair of feet and they sounded lighter than any of the turtles. It had to be Master Splinter. The pair of feet approached and came to a stop in front of you.

"What has happened to you Y/N? Who did this?" Master Splinter's voice came to you from next to you as he knelt down next to you.

"My parents finally decided I was useless. They got drunk and this happened. They locked me in my room. I crawled out the window and was down here before I remembered the panic button." You answered the wise old rat between your sobs as you tried to calm yourself. It was embarrassing to be crying in front of anyone, but especially him.

His hands gripped my shoulders as I said that I crawled out the window to my room. I knew he would be concerned, I was concerned myself.

"My sons are sleeping still, I got up to get some tea and saw the alarm raised on the screens." Master Splinter explained as he stood to his full height. You could hear him bending down towards you.

"I will take you back to the lair. You will not go back to that place again." He murmured in a firm voice as you felt his arms under your knees and shoulders. You winced as you were lifted into his arms. Aches and pains from your parents beating filtered through your body and as he shifted you into a more comfortable position. You hissed back a yelp at the pain in your ribs.

"We will be there soon." Master Splinter murmured as he started running back to the Lair with you in his arms. You leaned your head on his shoulder and tried to calm yourself. You breathed in the smell of his robes. Sandalwood and green tea filled your senses and put you at ease. You were safe down here with Master Splinter and his sons. Nothing was going to hurt you down here.

You could hear Leo and his brothers moving about as you approached the lair. They had yet to notice the distress signal, but the second Master Splinter turned into the room, everyone noticed and everyone got quiet in shock.

"I will prepare the lab." Donnie said calmly as he ran toward his lab, his voice getting a little less calm with every step.

Leo's voice was strangled sounding as he rushed forward to take you from Master Splinter. You felt his large gentle arms scoop you up and hold you at a distance, so he wouldn't risk hurting you any more than you were already hurt.

"Leo?" your voice trembled as you started to lose control again and more sobs and tears came. Leo growled a bit in anger at the pain you were in and pulled you closer to comfort you, still careful of your injuries.

"Y/N it's going to be ok. Donnie is going to get you all fixed up and you're going to stay down here with us and never have to go back to that place ever again. I promise!" Leo murmured as he carried you. You were in too much pain to focus on much of anything else other than Leo's voice.

You panicked as he started to set you down on a hard table and gripped his arm as tight as you could, not willing to let him go for anything.

"Y/N," Leo murmured in a soothing voice, stroking your hair from your face as he spoke, "I am not going anywhere, but you need to let go of me for a little while so Donnie can look at you and fix you up."

You started to relax as he spoke, realizing that he was not leaving you there. You noticed that Donnie was in the room to and relaxed completely. The other turtles were like brothers and they treated you like a little sister they didn't have.

You lay still as Donnie gently examined you, cleaning all your cuts and wrapping your broken ribs.

"Y/N," Donnie said in a methodical but soothing voice, "I am going to give you something for the pain now. It is going to make you sleepy. It's going to help you be more comfortable so you can sleep better and heal faster."

You winced as you realized that it meant you were going to get a shot. You hated getting shots. Your parents thought it would be funny to inject you with something that made your head all fuzzy one time. You had just barely managed to get your phone and text Leo to come get you before the drug overtook your system. Donnie had to treat you for an overdose to save you.

You scrunched your eyes closed tight and gripped Leo's hand with one of your own as you felt a pinch on your other arm and Donnie gave you a shot.

"Ok, now Leo can take you to his room and tuck you into bed so you can rest and heal." Donnie murmured soothingly as he started taking care of his equipment and throwing dirty stuff away. The noises of him opening and closing drawers were soothing to you, one of the sounds you associated with safety.

Leo let go of your hand and gathered you up in his arms and carried you away from the sounds of Donnie in his lab. You could tell from the turns he was making that he was carrying you to his room. The normal sounds of Mikey playing his video games and Raph working on the punching bag escaped your ears as Leo entered his bedroom and placed you in bed, covering you up with a blanket. He brushed your hair back with his hand and kissed your forehead as you slipped into sleep.

As you woke up the silence in the lair cut through your foggy mind like a fog horn. What time was it? You had no way of knowing this far down in the sewers. You had disrupted the natural flow of things down in the lair. You slowly stood on unsteady feet and carefully made your way to the open door. Everything was silent as you walked along the wall and into the living area. Someone stepped out into the living area.

"You shouldn't be out of bed yet Y/N." Leo's voice murmured from nearby. He walked closer to you as you turned towards him. He pulled you gently into his arms and held you close. You sighed in comfort. Injuries or not, Leo's arms was the one place you always felt comfortable. He kissed your hair and pulled you closer to him.

"You won't ever go back to that place Y/N. You can stay here and I will be here for you always. I promise I will never let anything hurt you ever again." He murmured in your hair as he led you to the couch and sat down with you, cuddling you close to him, shifting into an uncomfortable position so that you can be comfortable.

You placed your head on his shoulder and sighed in contentment, finally feeling safe.

"I love you Leo." You murmured before you fell back to sleep.