Chapter 2

My alarmed yelled at me, telling me that it was time to face school. Actually not so much school itself but the people inside of it.

I shut my alarm off on my phone but slide it back over to see what notifications I have.

I have one text from Blake, three from Drake, one from Steven, and five from Kimberly.

That's when I realized, I slept almost all day yesterday. I wonder if my mom found out that I ditched. Probably.

My password, 4545, was being stubborn and didn't want to unlock my phone. After trying for the third time, it finally unlocked.

Blake:

"Please don't be mad at me, I don't want to lose you as a friend. I just don't feel like I should have girlfriend right now."

Dickhead.

Drake:

"Hey."

"What happened to Blake?"

"Shit."

Well. Now he knows. I believe shit is the right word.

Steven:

"Riley, come over to my house after school tomorrow please. No one else, just us. It'll be just like old times."

Okay, I'll admit, that would be nice.

I smiled lightly at his text.

Kimberly:

"Where is you?"

"Bruh."

"Answer your phone"

"I need to talk to you about Steven. Where are you?"

"Whatever, just ignore me."

I will, thank you very much.

I sighed and rolled out of my bed, almost hitting the floor with my face in the process. The journey to my bathroom was a long and torturous one but don't worry friends, I made it. I made sure that the water was as hot as I could get it.

But soon realized that was a mistake.

When I stepped into the water, and I swear that it left blisters on me. I yelped in pain and quickly turned the hot water completely off which was also a mistake as the water turned to ice. I didn't make any noise this time, I just quickly turned the hot back on half way.

After the traumatizing experience in the shower, I wrap my body in a towel and my hair in another one. My mirror is fogged over, so I go out into my room and find a pair or black ripped jeans and a grey V-neck t-shirt. I slip them on quickly and go back to the bathroom and blow dry my hair. It's naturally straight which makes being a girl five times easier.

My makeup was spread over my vanity on the other side of my room. I applied foundation, concealer, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Don't judge me because I like how makeup makes me feel.

I apply to layer of lipstick to finish off the look before going to my closet to get my black high-top converse. I swear, these things are more trouble than they are worth.

I run down the stairs, grab an apple, and make my way towards a day I'm not looking forward to.

Teenagers were everywhere, like always but luckily as I pull into my parking spot, I see Steven pulling in too. He drives his dad's old car which I know very well inside and out.

I reach behind me and grab my bag quickly and make my way to his car. When he gets out, he flashes me a sympathetic smile. He meets me half way and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm sorry Riley. If it makes me feel better, Drake and I beat him up after we heard." I chuckled a little into his shoulder and slightly shook my head. I could feel tears coming on but I'm not going to let them fall. I took a step back took a deep breath, looking towards the sky.

Steven slung his arm over my shoulders and escorted me inside the building towards my locker. Once we reached our destination, he still stayed very close, but let his arm fall from my shoulders. He was looking around cautiously, I'm assuming for Blake. I love this kid to death.

I closed my locker and began walking away but Steven pulled my arm back. I looked at him and just smiled. I wrapped my arms around his torso and put his around me protectively. He kissed my head as another sign that he will do everything to keep me safe.

As I'm hugging him, I see Drake come up with the same smile Steven greeted me with. I let go of him and went to Drake.

His hug felt different though. More like a hug Blake would give. It felt more than a brother and sister hug, like we usually hug. When we retracted from each other, he had an actual smile on his face. I returned it but saw that his smile was now gone and his jaw was clenched.

"Drake? Are you okay?" I asked, more concern laced through my voice than I intended.

He didn't say anything but he put his hand on the small of my back and started walking away. I turned around to call for Steven, only to see him push Blake against a locker and punch him in the jaw.

I gasp and Drake pulls me away faster.

Once we are around the corner he pushes me against the wall and puts his hands on each side on my head, making it impossible to escape.

"I need to know exactly what Blake did. Every last detail," he said in a low voice in my ear.

I shook my head and tried pushing him away. I didn't feel comfortable having him this close to me. A smirk formed on his lips but he didn't budge no matter how hard I pushed on him.

I sighed, "Why?"

"Then I know how close to death I can beat his ass."

My eyes widen in shock and I look into his eyes, hoping he is just joking around. It's obvious though that he is not.

"Don't touch him Drake. I've seen you beat people and you aren't merciful. Stay away from him. I'm fine," I warn him. He still smirks at me but backs away slowly.

"Whatever you say princess."

He has never called me princess.

What is wrong with him today?

Chaptertwo of BBBF!! Hope you liked it.