Chapter 2- The Orphanage

Raven's pov

I hoisted the window by my bed open, peeking outside. Much to my luck, the edge of the roof was right above me. I felt a smirk form on my face as I realized the potential of my new discovery. Deciding to test the idea forming in my head, I climbed out onto the window sill and turned myself so my back was facing the outside. It was a dangerous thing to do, and I hoped I'd be able to turn myself to metal before I hit the ground. Not that I would die from a two story drop; I just really don't want any broken bones today.

Standing up quickly, I hurriedly grabbed the edge of the roof to keep myself from falling. I managed to pull myself up enough to swing my leg onto the roof. I pushed up with my hand and knee, rolling onto my back. I let out a breath of relief. Not only had I not fallen, but I'd found a place I could be alone. The roof was the perfect place for me to bask in the sun, and to get away from all the frills and squeals that came along with the all-girls orphanage. I sat up.

The other females living here were all annoying. I know it's a blunt and rude thing to even think about, but it's the sad truth. They've been trying to get me into a dress since the second I got here. Especially pink ones. And while I don't hate the color pink, I don't think I could ever wear anything in the color, let alone a god damn dress. It was hard to get past their grabbing hands, and to constantly brush off their pleas, but now I didn't have to. I told the girls I was fine with my clothes, but apparently they're all somewhat deaf, so they brought my desperate escape to the roof upon themselves. 

I felt someone staring at me and turned to look for them. It wasn't long before my red eyes met a charcoal one. My eyes instantly narrowing with suspicion. Why is he watching me? Did the Hokage send someone to keep an eye on me? He wouldn't right? I suppose it would make sense. I mean, for all he knows, I could be a spy. I'm obviously not, but even if I told him that, that wouldn't stop him from being suspicious. I just want to know why this person let themselves get caught. Surely the Hokage didn't require then to burn holes into the side of my head.

I examined him. He's got a headband, which means he's a ninja. Not only that, but he's reading a book. It's small and orange. He has a rather relaxed posture compared to most ninja I'd seen, and he's got silver hair that seems to defy the laws of gravity. I decided to do what he did to me; I stared. I stared until he seemed to find it awkward. Much to my pleasure and triumph, the man looked away and continued walking. Raven: one. Random man: zero.

I smiled to myself at the sense of satisfaction I derived from the small win. I don't need stalkers, especially not old men stalkers. I mean, sure, he looked rather young and all. But his hair color said otherwise, and a majority of his face was covered in a really creepy mask. I suppose it's possible he was born with silver hair. What a terrible curse to have that color hair all your life. I wonder if the guy got bullied for it at all.

Kakashi's pov

I walked down the street reading my Icha Icha Paradise, and just enjoying the breeze. It was a nice day for a walk, and for once, I wasn't piled high for missions. I knew my workload would only decrease from here. I was going to become a sensei again. Or that's what was supposed to happen. Only so far, I haven't really had any luck with genin. All of them have been incompetent, and I can't fix stupid.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a window open. I diverted my attention to where the movement had come from. It was the girl's orphanage, the one that desperately needed work. I watched a girl's head pop out of the window. She looked up at jutting edge of the roof with a smirk. It was when she stepped out onto the window sill, presumably to get to the roof, that I really took the chance to observe her.

Her black hair went a bit past her shoulders, her bangs braided and pinned to the side. As she tried to decide the best way to get on to the rooftop, I got a good look at her eyes. They were pretty unique as far as eyes go, red with a bit of orange mixed in, maybe. She wasn't wearing some frilly pink dress like one might expect. In fact, she was pretty much wearing the opposite. She looked like a pirate or an adventurer, if nothing else.