Chapter 1- Konoha

Kuro talking is in bold

Igneous talking is in Italics

Raven's pov

I stared up at the towering gates with a mixture of awe and curiosity. Never had I seen an entrance quite so large. What was this place? I could see a strange symbol carved above the huge gateway, although I wasn't sure what it meant. "It appears to be some sort of village." Kuro voiced. "A big one." Igneous added. I had to nod in agreement. The walls attached to said gate stretched on for what seemed like forever, and I could see a large mass of clustered buildings beyond the entrance.

I took a few hesitant steps forward, peering through the gates of the large village. I wonder how big it actually is. The walls, I assume, form a circle from the shape and slight bend of the stone. However, I can't actually see where they end, or where they curve. I wonder how long I'd have to walk to see the end, or if I ever would see the end. I'd honestly more than likely die of starvation or from a bear attack before I could make it to the bend.

"Hey kid, what're you doing?" I jumped in surprise, my head snapping to the left so fast I nearly got whiplash. Standing in front of what looked like a small checkpoint building was a man with a bandanna on his head. There was a rectangular plate of metal on it with the same symbol carved into it as the one that was carved into the gate. I backed up slightly, trying not to show how much he'd spooked me. "I'm clearly looking at this gate." I analyzed him. He had brown hair, and his bangs covered one eye. Not useful information at all. Kuro is better at observing than I am. "Why?" He looked bewildered. "I've never seen a village this big." I admitted, glancing back at the mass of buildings.

Movement to the right of the small structure the first man was in front of caught my attention. I watched sourly as another man, this one with spiky hair and a bandage running across his nose, walked towards us. He had a headband instead of a bandanna, although it had the same plate of metal with the same symbol. I twitched slightly, wondering if I was fast enough to outrun not one, but two grown men. With these short legs, I was willing to bet that I was not.

"What's your name?" The man with the bandanna asked, eyes narrowed slightly. "Tell me yours first." I narrowed my eyes right back, folding her arms over my chest as I looked between the pair. The spiky haired man sighed. "I'm Kotetsu Hagane, and this is my buddy Izumo Kamizuki." Kotetsu introduced, still eyeing me as though I were a walking bomb set out on destroying his home.

"My name is Raven-" My breath hitched, and I mentally cursed myself for my near slip up. It wouldn't be good if someone found out my last name. It would put both them and myself in serious danger. "Raven what?" Izumo leaned forward slightly. "I don't know my last name. I'm an orphan." While my voice started out strong, it definitely died down near the end there. I kinda am an orphan now that I think about it. "It's going to be okay." Igneous assured. "Unless someone finds her." Kuro's words made me stiffen. "Shut up, Dipshit." Igneous sighed. "Loser." Kuro replied simply. That was the end of the conversation, one that did little to soothe me. I sighed and shook my head a little at the pair. I guess it's the though that counts.

"We need to take you to the Hokage. You're pretty suspicious." Kotetsu said. Hokage? What was a Hokage anyway? I guess that's what they call their leader. "Or I could just... you know... leave?" I tried, inching back slightly. Izumo shook his head. "It was a nice try?" Igneous shrugged. "Shut up, this is the most exciting shit that's happened so far." Kuro hissed. "Are you eating popcorn? Where'd you get popcorn?" Igneous sounded both betrayed and slightly-offended. "The mind is an amazing thing." They went silent again.

"Sorry kid, but that isn't an option. You look pretty young, you probably shouldn't be traveling alone at this age, especially not a little girl like you."