Chapter 23

A/N: People are gonna hate me..... I know it......... ;-;

Once they all faced the same direction, the Magnolian flag behind them, the army charged forward, pushing battle cries. The other side also started chargin, their black stalions contrasting with their white ones. 

The Phantom Lord flad stood in place as well as the Magnolian. Erza unseathed her sword and as an enemy approached her, she sliced at him and he fell off his horse, rolling on the ground, blood pooling around him. 

Erza had to bite back the guilt that clawed at her. She put her sword away and took out her bow and started shooting, three at a time. The Phantom Lord army highly surpassed them in number. They were only a quarter of their army. 

The priority was cutting down the numbers to size.  Her red cape flew in the wind as well as her braided hair. Three enemy soldiers were heading towards her, swords in hand. She jumped off her horse putting back her bow and taking her sword out all the while doing a flip in the air. She managed to kick two of them on the ground while she jumped on the third and stuck her sword into him. She thrust it down on the two others and started running, slicing and thrusting at all the black armor clad men she saw. 

Her heart almost stopped when she saw something. She started running faster and jumped, plunging her sword into the back of a soldier who was going to strike Jellal while he was fighting another. "Thanks for the cover, Erza." He said and she nodded, holding her sword tighter. This was not going to be an easy fight, she knew that for sure. 

Her sword clashed with another soldier who was taken down instantly. "This is almost too easy! Something else is coming!" Erza shouted. "You're right! These people aren't trained in combat at all!" He shouted back taking down another enemy. 

The army was now half the size that it was before, and then they heard a loud siren. Erza's eyes widened as a second wave started running in the distance. They wore red armor instead of black, but their was only about twenty five of them. 

They were all headed towards Erza and Jellal. Five people stood in front of them. The Magnolian Elite Soldiers.

Gajeel Redfox,

Laxus Dreyar,

Gray Fullbuster,

Gildarts Clive,

and Natsu Dragneel.

"Go on! We'll take care of these guys! You guys focus on defeating the real enemy!" Gildarts shouted and the two nodded. 

Good luck. Erza thought silently. looking back at the soldiers who were already in heated combat. 

They started running towards the temple that was now visible to their eyes.

Out of no where, another red clad warrior appeared, running towards them. Erza had no time to react, and she braced for impact. She heard the sound of a sword breaking through armor and flesh. but felt no pain. 

Her eyes opened and widened. "NO!" She screamed. Out of fury, she sliced the head off the soldier. She fell to her knees. "No..... Please!" She said, tears falling down her cheeks and onto the armor of her savior that was begining to turn red. 

"You can't leave! Stay with me, please, Simon!" She said watching his eyes starting to dull over. "Er.....za......" He said weakly. "Why did you save me?!" She shouted, more tears spilling off her face. "Be.....cause....... I...... alwa......ys....... lo.....ve......d....... you......" He said and coughed up some blood. Her eyes widened and then softened. 

"Then don't leave!" She shouted holding onto his hand. He managed to give her a smile before he closed his dulling eyes. "NO!" She screamed, her tears coming down in waves. 

Jellal's bangs covered his eyes as tears were in his own eyes. He could feel Erza's pain and it killed him to see like that. She got up, tears still pooling in her eyes. She blinked them away. He could feel her rage, her pain, her need for revenge. 

"Let's go." She said and he nodded and they continued running towards the temple, whic was only about ten meters away from them. A lite purple light shone through the roof and when they got in the temple, they saw magic circles all around on the ground. Clarita and Charles' eyes were closed and the same purple was present in magic circles on their chest, palms and forehead. 

Jellal and Erza hid behind a pillar and watched. 

A/N: I had to kill off Simon because it adds depth to the story and a bit of tragedy. And plus, he dies in the original show, so you can't blame me! Please don't hate meeeeee! Well, I'm SUPER excited for the next chapter! I hope you guys are as much as I! Was the battle scenes good or cheesy? I think they were in the middle, but it isn't the main battle! That one will take up a lot more detail! I honestly have no idea where most of these songs come from, but they're awesome! I'm also planning a Fairy Tail Next Generation (my OWN characters) thing, I don't know if it'll be fanfiction or manga, or both! I hop they turn out good! So far I have profiles for Luke, Serena and Elayla Dragneel :) 

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

~Strawberry-chan