Chapter 4

Erza patrolled the garden, where Ultear was picking flowers and rambling. "Oh, Erza! He's simply charming! And he's so adorable! He's such a valiant warrior! Almost as strong as you! I can't believe that I'm going to be the one who's going to marry him!" She continued her rant and Erza blocked it out.

She wasn't there to be Ultear's nanny, she was only a guard, so she had no obligation to listen to her rambling on and on about Prince Jellal and his beautiful face and whatever else Ultear was saying.

Erza was not very good with romance, and she avoided it as much as possible. She was embarassed by it. A guard should not have her mind locked on something as distracting as a boy. She'd only get distracted and fail her mission. She would say.

"-za. ERZA!" Ultear screeched and the said girl's sword was unsheathed and she took a battle stance. She looked around and saw noone but Ultear.

She put it back in its case, and sighed inwardly. "Yes, Malady?" She said and Ultear glared. "You aren't listening! Escort me back to my chambers, and carry my flowers." She ordered and gestured to the basket filled with flowers. "But Malady, I am your guard, not your servant." Erza said and Ultear rolled her eyes. A very unsightly thing to do for a princesse. "A guard is also a servant. Now hurry up." She ordered again and Erza relunctantly picked up the basket. She held as far away from herself as possible.

"Erza! Stop holding it as if it were poison! I picked them for Prince Jellal!" She barked and walked into the palace. "Malady, I am-" She couldn't finish when she sneezed. One thing you should know about our fellow guard here, she is very allergic to pollen. And where do you find pollen? In flowers.

She sneezed again, and again, and once more.

"Erza! Will you stop? It's very annoying." Ultear said continuing to walk. Erza growled discretely, wondering why she had applied for the job in the first place.

"Yes Malady." She said lowly, her usual tone cold and hard.

Jellal watched the two, mostly the red haired guard that had peeked his interest.

He turned around and walked away.