Chapter 1

"C'mon Bethany, you've slept in as long as you could. Now get your skinny ass out of bed,"

I groan at the sound of my brother's irritable voice waking me.

"Shut up Addison..." I manage to moan. Still groggy from my sleep. I check the time on my phone before sitting up.

8:32 It read.

Great.

Addison must have seen my annoyed reaction. "Stop pouting and get ready before I leave you," He says.

And with that he stomps out of my room, leaving my door wide open.

My head started to throb and I groaned as I slowly pulled myself from my bed. I forced myself to look in the mirror, revolted with my appearance.

I looked like death.

I decided to take a shower, even though I knew it would only make me that much more late for my first day of college.

I was starting at the University of Rochester in New York today.

I could really care less about where I went to college. I mean, I cared about my grades, its just attending Rochester wasn't my choice. Since both my parents and older brother (Addison) were enrolled there, it was only obvious that was were I would be going. No questions asked.

After my shower, I blow dried my hair and applied my make-up. I never wore too much. It just made my face feel heavier, fatter even, so I usually just put on mascara, lipgloss, and maybe some blush. Then I danced to my closet, choosing a a short navy dress with a white sweater after stepping into my brown strapped sandals.

"Bethany!" I heard Addison yell from downstairs. "I'm leaving with or without you in 5 minutes!"

I rolled my eyes as I checked myself once more before heading downstairs, approving of my choice of appearance. I wasn't one to stand out because of my beauty. Maybe it was the giant glasses hovering my beady blue eyes, or the neutral shade of brown and read curls that fell around my too large face. Either or, I was average.

Nothing special.

I grab my newly purchased books and satchel before heading downstairs.

Addison was leaning against the counter, wearing his dark blue beanie, white tank, and black jeans.

He actually looked decent for once, I thought.

"'Bout time," He groaned before grabbing his keys and heading out the door.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After about 15 minutes, we pull through the gates at Rochester. The campus was beautiful I had to admit, full of old buildings, trees, fountains, and rushing students. Everything looked alive almost.

My intake of the campus was suddenly interrupted by the buzzing of my cell phone. I quickly reached through my purse and found it. I read the screen.

M o m :

H a v e a g r e a t f i r s t d a y ! I ' l l b e w a i t i n g f o r y o u w h e n y o u g e t h o m e .

I l o v e y o u .

I smiled to myself, I hadn't really thought about how much I was going to miss her until a couple days ago. And not just her, my dad, the house, my own shower, and even Addison. Everything was about to change, I just hoped it was all for the better.

I had begun to text her back when out of the corner of my eye I noticed my brother's hands tighten on the wheel.