Instead I swallowed my pride, letting him try a few shots to my face. Barely having to move to avoid them. Lad needed to work on his aim. And become best mates with the speed bag as I had done.

My eyes once again leave him, wandering out into the crowd surrounding us. Coach surely cursing me under his breath seeing me do so. But I don't need both eyes on Andre, he's to slow. And I can't seem to keep my eyes off Everly.

Not that I ever really can, not when she's in the room. But tonight it's worse, ten times so if not more.

Cause she's here with him.

Sitting next to him, his hand resting on the top of her thigh as she leans into him.

The sight makes me sick. And right p.issed. It's f.ucking eating me alive from the inside.

She's here with him. Not me.

Him.

Clenching my jaw, I tear my eyes away from them.

What the f.uck is wrong with me?

She's not even mine. Really all we have is s.ex. When it comes down to it, that's it. Just s.ex.

Really f.ucking amazing s.ex.

But if that's true, why is that the thing I'm concerned least about losing?

Christ... am I actually in l...

My head abruptly snaps to the side as I feel a sharp sting to my left cheek. Shaking my head a bit, I find a satisfied grin covering Andre's face as my mouth drops open in shock.

He just f.ucking hit me.

My body reacts before I can even think, my right hand coming straight up under his chin and making his head snap back. The dull thud of his body hitting the mat echoes around me seconds later. The crowd cheering wildly as he doesn't move.

S.hit!

My arm is held up in victory after the final count to ten is made, Andre's body still out cold lying next to me.

F.ucking s.hit.

Glancing over at Carter, I notice his lips pulled in a tight line as he now stands next to Everly. He's clapping along with everyone else, but he's not happy. Not anywhere near it.

I wait till Andre comes to, recieving a halfhearted and weak handshake from him before I slip through the ropes Coach is holding apart for me.

"Now that's what I was expecting." Coach smiles at me slighlty before it quickly fades into a frown, "Though it should of happened in the first round."

I roll my eyes at him, following him towards the locker rooms where I let him help me pull the gloves and tape off my hands.

"You plan on telling me why you were toying with him out there?" Coach asks. "At one point it looked like he'd thought he'd actually beat you."

"Nobody enjoys a three minute fight."

"Since when do you box to entertain?"