8

-Harry

I check my watch for the fourth time, my eyes glancing from it to the front door of the small cafe.

She's not coming.

I knew she wouldn't. Couldn't believe it when she said she would. She was probably playing me all along. Never planning on showing up.

I sigh, running my hand over my face as I sit back in the booth. She's just a woman.

Why the bloody h.ell am I so caught up on her?

The bell on the door dinging makes my eyes shoot up, and I'm reminded exactly why I'm so taken with her as she steps inside.

She's wearing just a plain white singlet, light washed jean shorts, and keds; yet she's still the hottest thing I've ever laid eyes on.

She pulls her bottom lip into her mouth as she looks around her, spotting me in the corner.

I know I've a ridiculous grin on my face as she takes a seat across from me.

"Thought you'd stood me up for a minute there."

"No." She shakes her head. "Just... Got held up a little."

"Everything alright?" I study her face as she glances around us.

"Yeah." She nods, looking across the table at me. "Just hungry."

"Am a bit famished myself." I grab two menus from the corner of the table, holding one out to her. "Only place in this entire city where you can get a proper omelette. Everything's good though, you've a hard choice to make."

"I'll just get whatever you get." She places the menu down in front of her, not even glancing at it.

"Well that's a bit boring isn't it? Can tell a lot about a person by the kind of food they like. Go on." I push the menu towards her. "Can't wait to find out how you prefer your eggs."

A small smile quirks up the corners of her mouth as she flips the menu over, glancing over it.

"What will it be?" The waitress asks, stepping up to the booth to take our orders.

"Ladies first." I point to Everly.

Her face flushes as she hurriedly looks it over. "I guess I'll have the... Blueberry crepes, no whipped cream. And a small bowl of fruit please."

I order my usual omelette. The same one I get for breakfast every day I have a fight. It's just like the one my mum made me when I was a kid. For that reason it's become a bit of a good luck charm to me.

"You didn't order eggs." I point out as the waitress walks off.

"I don't like eggs."

"Honestly never known someone who wasn't keen on them." I smile at her.

"So what does that tell you about me?"

"That you're different... But I was already well aware of that."

"And blueberry crepes?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"The crepes don't tell me much, but the fact you got them without the topping says a fair bit." I pause as she furrows her eyebrows. "You prefer to take things as they truly are.. not masked by something to make it seem better then it actually is."

She opens her mouth, only to close it as she thinks over my words.

"That about right?" I ask.

"And what about the fruit?" She answers my question with another one.

"Still trying to figure that one out. I will though."