Chapter 12 My Sanctuary

Magsimula sa umpisa

          The anger had caused something within Mia, but Exsavior did not see the connection. ‘She is human, what on earth could that sensation have been?’ He reasoned within the range of possibilities, believing it was some alteration similar to her sister’s.

          Mia’s breath was jagged, but she seemed to ease up. Tentatively, she lifted her head and looked back at the wolf. “I need to know what you did to me. Why am I conflicted between killing you and desiring you?”

          The question sent waves of surprise throughout Exsavior’s body. His mind processed every last word she said, the final ones having the most impact on him.

          “I honestly do not know…” The beginning of the sentence upset her more, and the same color of white began to reappear, but this time is surrounded her body.

        Mia moaned in pain as she held herself. Her eyes had lost the green glow they had before. “Why must you lie!?” With a yell, she groaned again, and Exsavior could tell that whatever was happening seemed to be reaching its peak.

          “Mia!”

       His cry went unheard when a lightning strike boomed within the proximity of the forest. The wave it caused sent shivers of Isabel’s presence throughout Exsavior’s body, and that’s when Mia had lost her last shred of control.

         A powerful aura washed over Mia’s form in the color of pure white and blue, causing any traces of the golden lasso that tied Exsavior down to dissipate. He could see her tiny figure—engulfed in the supernatural winds of light that her body emanated. She was writhing in pain as if trying to fight against her own power.

       It was an overwhelming sight. The entire area was drowned in powerful winds of aura that gleamed brighter than the color of the sky itself. Exsavior tried to intervene and calm Mia, but he found that the waves burned his skin by mere contact. The intensity was much more than the golden weapons Lynn possessed and it made his approach impossible.

        “Mia! Can you hear me?” He called out to her, fighting against the swooshing sounds of the winds.

          “I can feel it! Every day I feel that pain!” She shouted each word with a writhe of agony.

          Once again, her response confused him.

          “Tell me what you feel? What is causing you this pain?” He shouted.

          His words might have been a poor choice. The winds intensified, pushing him back fiercely. Exsavior braced himself, but without warning, they ceased. The aura died down as it vanished.

          “You cause me this pain!”

          He barely had enough time to react when Mia swooped towards him in an offensive manner. Her eyes bore the same emotionless white and blue glow, any traces of her pupils gone. Instantly, she lifted her one arm and the light flowed without hesitation and with the same resolve, she slammed her palm on his giant furry forehead.

        Exsavior howled in pain at the scorching sensation. It pushed him back, but he held his ground.

          “How did I cause you pain? Please, just answer me this before you kill me.” He tried his best to keep himself in check; hurting Mia was not his agenda.

          No matter how hard she tried to bring herself to kill the beast, Mia could not. Her strike did not even draw out blood, which indicated that she was still not ready.