Awkward

It's been a couple days, maybe four or five days have gone by, and my doctor allowed me to go home. Bruno and I were set to meet with our lawyer. His ex wife was his lawyer. How awkward can this possibly be?

"Hello, how may I help you?" A woman at the reception desk asked us. "Yes, I'm here to meet with Liliana Peters." Bruno said. The woman pressed on a button to call Liliana out of her office. "Ms. Peters, you have a client out here waiting for you." She said. The phone beeped. "Okay, I'm coming out." She said. I think I was more nervous to meet Bruno's ex, then Bruno was.

I heard the clicking of heels hitting the groud. Papers shuffling. Deep breathing, inhaling and exhaling. "Who am I here to see?" A voice asked behind us. Bruno and I turned around, and there she was. Olive skin tone, black midlength hair. Very fit. She wore a black skirt that was down to her knees, and a white blazer. Liliana was shocked at the presence of Bruno. "We are." Bruno said to her. "Right." She awkwardly said. "Follow me." She said.

We walked behind her, as she led us into a large office. This office was so large she could fit three more offices in here. "Sit." She said as she closed the door behind us. We did as she requested. She sat at her desk, and moved around some papers. She then looked at me, observing my characteristics. She then sat back in her chair and crossed her legs. "What the hell do you want?" She asked.

"Liliana don't be like that." Bruno said. She fiddled her fingers. "Why are you here?" She asked. "Cut the attitude, and bullshit Liliana. We are here for professional purposes" That escalated quickly, in my opinion. Perhaps they were in the moment.

Liliana had her nose up high, believing that she was better. "What is your purpose?" Liliana asked us. "I was raped." I said. I saw Liliana grip her pen tightly. "Raped?" She repeated. "Yes ma'am." I called her ma'am. Maybe because she was so intimidating, you didn't know when her ticking time bomb would go off. I wonder, how did Bruno get with her?

"Do you know the attacker's name?" She asked. "Yes. His name is Joshua Brown." She slammed the pen onto the desk. I jumped at her reaction. "You said Joshua Brown?" "Y-yes ma'am." Liliana stood up and paced around the room. "Don't worry, this is quite normal." Bruno whispered to me. "He's tall, has sort of a southern accent?" "Yes." I was surprised at her knowledge of his appearance. "How do you know him?" Bruno asked. She sat back at her desk and leaned forward at us. Liliana whispered, "He's the one that lost me my job, my happiness, and you."